BLD's

WarningTrackHR

Last Brawh Standing
I might have only saw one bracket... we never left angels field (went to wrigley for the championship game) and the mens were on the other side of the complex. didn't watch them too much, was at the bar most of the day

Mhmm, know anyone who played Mens E this weekend?

The Mad Hatter

Addicted to Softballfans
Beers at Manteca are $5 for a big single (about 20oz) or a pitcher for $10 for domestic - more for imports. A pitcher will serve 5 12oz glasses. Not cheap but definitely not a bad deal - especially compared to how much you would pay at a regular bar or any sports park.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
Beers at Manteca are $5 for a big single (about 20oz) or a pitcher for $10 for domestic - more for imports. A pitcher will serve 5 12oz glasses. Not cheap but definitely not a bad deal - especially compared to how much you would pay at a regular bar or any sports park.

$10 a pitcher isn't too bad if compared with the norm. But it's still highway robbery. A half barrel cost maybe $75-$80. 10 pitchers and they're at profit already. I love beer but it's so marked up

DBO KING

Manager
3 Bucks every day you walk thru the gate. Even after you pay your league fees and team fees. Even though you pay 250 to 400 for tourney fees, you still have to pay to get in. And you cant bring in any food or drinks, only water. And they do bag checks. Its like going thru airport security. Also the sodas are $4 and burgers are like $6. I can only speak for the one here in vegas. Give me a dirt infield and grass outfield everyday over the fake stuff.

BWood22

Addicted to Softballfans
I played there on Saturday and there was 15 E teams and 7 EE teams. EE has no D chips. Theyre the expensive tournys around. Usually running around 350 while the more local ones go for 275. Theyre worth it though.

DBO KING

Manager
I haven't played on any BLD fields, but I did stop by the ones in Vegas and look around. I'll list what I liked and didn't.

Like: Beautiful fields. These truly are top notch. Nice dugouts, landscaping and stadium seating. Pro shop that sells all sorts of good stuff (though overpriced).

Didn't like: Gate admission, no outside food or beverages, you have to buy THEIR crappy balls at (I think) $5 each. Fields are also too small. These parks are like 280'.

Overall it's a spiffy facility, but to me the costs outweigh the benefits. It just isn't an economical place to play softball. An occasional tourny there wouldn't hurt though.
Your right. The fields dont look 300'. And league teams have to buy thier balls at $6 each. On top of the league and team fees.