Boombah Boss Asa

cableguy21

Addicted to Softballfans
Picked this bat up its the green one and I must say I was pretty impressed.. I had no swings on it at game time and first hit was a nice liner to the fence, that nite maybe put 15 swings on it between the guys, I'll say with another 100 cuts on it this thing should be nasty, finally found something besides my aftermath that peaks my interest.. Aftermath still has more distance and pop but that bat has probably 500 swings on it if not more.. But for a new out of the wrapper bat the boss didn't disappoint.. Smooth swing through the zone and sweet spot is big had no issues finding it..

M

MJL 00

GREAT review here. Too bad more people don't give them a chance for sure for the price. If you get chance try a Dually, you wont be disappointed with that either

cableguy21

Addicted to Softballfans
Lol if I buy another bat my other half will kill me.. But it's great to see the faces after hitting with this bat, people in my league were like Boombah ????? they make bats?? I'm the only one in two leagues that have this bat and everyone gives me the look..

M

MJL 00

Yep I get a lot of looks(s**t) also, have all the ASA Boombahs. My gamer 14 Boss has @2500 cuts with a very small hairline crack and its pissing fire :eek:

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
What does "smooth swing through the zone" mean?

What bats swing "rough" or "bumpy" through the zone?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

M

MJL 00

What does "smooth swing through the zone" mean?

What bats swing "rough" or "bumpy" through the zone?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

You owe me a monitor, spit my water all over it

cableguy21

Addicted to Softballfans
Well I have a combat BD 27 oz the end load seems alittle much so when I swing it through my hitting zone it has a or too much of a whip too it, gives me a jerk feeling through the zone, the Boss doesn't give me that even though it's end loaded it swings smooth, if that makes any sense at all.. It could be me and my swing..

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
For ASA only which boombah has the most endload? Would the boss have more than the Dually? Perform better than the Dually on 52/300's?

RaiderKit

Addicted to Softballfans
THE Green OG ASA Boss has a pretty good sized endload to it. Hits the 52/300 balls very well. Mine took a bit to open up tho

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
Can't say enough good things about the OG.

BP off the tee Sunday using mix of 52/300 Tattoo NX3s and Hot Dots, about 75 degrees, wind blowing right to left. Have about 4-500 cuts now. Field is 315 in the corners, 300 to center. 1st swing, one-hop at the 307' mark in LC, next 4 over the fence, one of them was at least 350' into the creek behind the fence. Hit several over the 307' in RC as well into the cross-wind.

Ridiculous for $100.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
How many hits til it started to open up Icky? Mine has probably 150 or so on it, and still feels like it has a long ways to go. Im hitting .44/400 to try to break it in faster.

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
Lol if I buy another bat my other half will kill me.. But it's great to see the faces after hitting with this bat, people in my league were like Boombah ????? they make bats?? I'm the only one in two leagues that have this bat and everyone gives me the look..

Sell your Demarini, get an OG, and pocket the difference. Your wife will be happy.

halter91

Iam91
I have one brand new in wrapper for sale if anyone wants another one. Got it at Softball Mag Spring Training and never used it. 0 Swings on it.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I have one brand new in wrapper for sale if anyone wants another one. Got it at Softball Mag Spring Training and never used it. 0 Swings on it.

If it's 30oz I'll take it.

If it's not, GFY for not posting more info.

///////////////
I just hit mine for the first time today. After about 50 hits its pretty impressive. Distance was right with my 600 hit L4 and 800 hit 2013 Wanted. Can't wait to get another 100 hits on it. I was hitting 52's and 44's and it crushed them.