BOOMBAH cleats

Tictac020

Addicted to BP
Anybody have or used Boombah cleats in the past? How do u they feel or hold up??? Heard mixed reviews!!! I am a clear guy and mostly wear lacrosse cleats because they are more supportive then soccer cleats and just as lightweight as them.....didn't know how some of the boombah cleats would feel as backups because cleats on my lacrosse cleats get ate up fairly quick, because well, they weren't designed for brick dust! any info would be appreciated!

Mongo23

Manager
I've owned 2 pairs of Boombahs and I loved them. They were the most comfortable baseball cleats I've ever worn personally. A few of my teammates have gone out and bought pairs and they say the same. As for durability I got like 2 seasons out of them before they started to get wrecked. But I play in a bunch of leagues and tourneys, so if you're playing once or twice a week and not every day they'll probably last a bit longer.

Tictac020

Addicted to BP
I've owned 2 pairs of Boombahs and I loved them. They were the most comfortable baseball cleats I've ever worn personally. A few of my teammates have gone out and bought pairs and they say the same. As for durability I got like 2 seasons out of them before they started to get wrecked. But I play in a bunch of leagues and tourneys, so if you're playing once or twice a week and not every day they'll probably last a bit longer.

Thanks! Bout the same! Two leagues And weekend tourneys!

goro25

Sin Vergüenza
My first pair of Boombah's lasted about 2 years. Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 games. They didn't fall apart at all, the nubs just wore down. I still use them for coaching baseball.

On my second pair now, had them maybe 6 months and they're holding up just fine.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
Not as comfortable as my 3N2's or Mizuno Blast 2's, but since they're turfs they're still more comfortable than cleats. The ball of my right foot starts to hurt after awhile. I'm a lefty so that's my plant and not pivot foot. It is my stride foot when pitching BP, though.

They do not breathe. At all. There's a ton of padding but it blocks what little mesh there is.

Early ones had problems and it seems they have a bad batch every year, but in terms of durability they're near the top, especially the nubs. I would say I would go through the bottoms of four or even five pairs of 3N2 to every one pair of Boombahs. The 3N2's I have to put on at the field, whereas the Boombah I can put on before I leave, walk through a gravel parking lot, take BP, stop at the grocery store on the way home, etc.

If I had to pick I'd go Mizuno every time, but I'd pretty much go everything Mizuno every time. Their stuff is just generally better. And the 3N2's are more comfy. But the Boombah are way more durable.

sd28

Extra Hitter
I'm the opposite to GrinningBear. My Boombahs are much more comfortable to me than my Mizuno's were and also My Newbalance cleats. My Boombahs have also been more durable than others I have owned.
It's often another example of preference, different feet like different shoes.

Fury21

Chillin in the QC
My daughter's team just got CLEATS for their fast pitch team. I see a ton of the girls teams with the cleats.

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
I have been wearing boombahs since 2010. Love em. I personally like their older trails/turfs. I think they hold up better than the newer models. My drivetrains has a tear in the mesh but I play 4 nights a week plus tournaments so I got my $60 use.