Boss 3.0 issues and return problems?

Hartsoem

Coach
I bought a boss 3.0 at beginning of march. I had 2 bp sessions with the bat. 1 bp session was all with tee work. The second session was from live pitching. Within less then a month and less then 300 hits the bat busted. Has anyone else had any durability issues with bat?(plus there was no doctoring of the bat any way.)For bp balls we used mostly old mush balls or beat to death old Asa balls(44 375). Also I have returned the bat to boombah with a email that they received the bat on 4/7/17, and I haven't heard anything about a return. Does boombah take forever to return a bat or anything bought with issues? Thanks for any help or info!

Mongo23

Manager
I've dealt with Boombah a few times, always had great service. I'd give them a call, sounds like some signals got crossed or they forgot to ship.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Same here, they have always been quick with returns and no issues.

Possibly they might be waiting to get the proper weight back in stock.

Have a 3.0 with a lot more hits with harder balls and no problems here. Guess I need to hit it harder :(

Hartsoem

Coach
I don't believe you need hit harder. I believe you swinging a heavy bat which I believe in return last longer due to less swing speed for most part.(I use to only swing 28 or 30s until had a hand injury and 26 oz is only thing I can swing without destroying my hand.) since switching to 26 I'm busting bats a lot faster. Also the bat busted on the first S on BOSS.

CA0

Starting Player
I don't believe you need hit harder. I believe you swinging a heavy bat which I believe in return last longer due to less swing speed for most part.(I use to only swing 28 or 30s until had a hand injury and 26 oz is only thing I can swing without destroying my hand.) since switching to 26 I'm busting bats a lot faster. Also the bat busted on the first S on BOSS.
Return process can sometimes be a bit slow. Call customer service they should take care of ya. As far as breaking early there are always a few bats in the batch that break early it happens. I broke 2 Boss 4.0 in 40 swings but I am the only person I know of that had that issue. As far where the bat broke that is completely normal spot.

Hartsoem

Coach
Well the update so far. I have an email chain with a person from customer service and they said from the day they received the bat it should take 5-7 to business days. Also she stated she would inform me if any changes or when she knew they was shipping or anything. It's been total 14 business days. I tried to inform the rep last week that I started league play this week and I bought the boss for the league and they had my bat for about same amount time I owned the bat before it broke. The rep and customer service rep has been great but they are dragging this to far out which is disappointing. I'll take all your guys words on the great returns and great service but for my first bat from them and to have the issues I'm having so far is not making me think I would want to ever buy anything from them again.

Hartsoem

Coach
Well finally received my warranty bat from Boombah. They received bat like said on April 7 and finally got the bat today on May 1. Well lets hope this bat last longer then the first bat. Customer service was nice on emails but seems like return department was dragging. I just hope the bat is worth all this after the head ache I had with dealing with wait on the return with no bat for league play for a week. So looking forward to bp this week and games with the bat.

Hartsoem

Coach
Well I hit the replacement bat today. Man I will say this I love the feel of the bat. It fits my swing great. With 150-200 swings bat is starting to web a little. For the guys with tons of hits how much webbing you have around the bat?

CA0

Starting Player
Well I hit the replacement bat today. Man I will say this I love the feel of the bat. It fits my swing great. With 150-200 swings bat is starting to web a little. For the guys with tons of hits how much webbing you have around the bat?
. Depends on the balls, temp, and person swinging. I found I would web them up about 30-50 swings into them.

M

MJL 00

my og Boss has over 3k hits and is fire. But then again that's the ASA version so

RaiderKit

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone else get a 3.0 and have any durability issues? I am thinking of picking one up since my POW is so damn amazing.

Dan240

Addicted to Softballfans
I've got 2. One with about 60 hits & the other I'd say about 150 & I love them.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Stop hitting old ASA balls. Weight of the ball is one of the worst things for durability and ASA are the heaviest, not to mention old ones that have picked up moisture over time. Im suggesting the Evil BP Rockets for a Bp ball with good feedback and minimal bat damage.