Need Help bought a bat and this is how it showed up

Jazzyc91

I bought some bats from a board member. got them today and this is how one of them showed up. what do I do? this wasn't disclosed in the bat description but I also don't know if it happened while in transit to me. the box wasn't messed up but the bat came out looking like this.
this has never happened to me before and the board member had multiple gtgs. so what do I do now?

Jazzyc91

What did he say when you contacted him and what resolution are you asking for?

as soon as I opened the box and seen it this way I sent him a message so I'm waiting on him to see it and hopefully respond.

it was a 2 bat deal so my thing is am I better off just asking for the money back for the bat and sending it back to him? or dp i just ask for a partial refund and deal with it? the bat was for my boyfriend and I can't give him the bat if it's going to be telescoping like that on him.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
if the telescope condition wasn't disclosed during negotiations then you're entitled to a full refund[/QUOTE
as soon as I opened the box and seen it this way I sent him a message so I'm waiting on him to see it and hopefully respond.

it was a 2 bat deal so my thing is am I better off just asking for the money back for the bat and sending it back to him? or dp i just ask for a partial refund and deal with it? the bat was for my boyfriend and I can't give him the bat if it's going to be telescoping like that on him.

That is your decision. See what refund is offered to return the one bat and if you are not happy then you should be able to return the pair and get your return shipping as well. Hopefully shipping insurance pays the seller for the damage

Newtothegame

Not looking for a team
no I didn't see any but I'll double check once I'm done with work.

Jazzy-I sent you a PM I assure you it wasn’t like this when I sent it. I will give you a refund and pay for shipping back for both or just that one depending on if you want to keep the platinum. I will send you the money as soon as I hear what you want to do.

I sent you my number in PM

johnny fitz

Addicted to Softballfans
“Buyer” entitled to full refund - which “seller” looks to be willing to offer without any issue —- bats do sometimes get shipped with issues that are unknown to seller. It’s happened to me both ways.

Jazzyc91

ok so talking with NewToTheGame about it and just wondering what would be a fair price for the bat now if I did want to just keep it?

dunkky

pardon me for my ignorance. Although i've never seen one like that, isn't that just matter of popping/pulling it back and start using it? will it impact performance or durability?

Rooster210

P-Pumpah #1
ok so talking with NewToTheGame about it and just wondering what would be a fair price for the bat now if I did want to just keep it?

I know this is a sought after bat but depending on where ur dude plays it may not be worth it to keep. if you keep I wouldn't give more than 100.

kudos to the seller

bird25

34/30 Club #25
pardon me for my ignorance. Although i've never seen one like that, isn't that just matter of popping/pulling it back and start using it? will it impact performance or durability?

This was common with the mutants when they first came out and there was a way to fix them if they were a nr that you wanted to keep.

I’m sure the solution is in an old thread somewhere in the worth forum

dunkky

agree. Personally, I would have kept the bat and asked for discount if it doesn't impact the performance. kinda wasting money on shipping.. it ain't cheap.. 15 bucks one way.

4xtra

Player/Coach
This was common with the mutants when they first came out and there was a way to fix them if they were a nr that you wanted to keep.

I’m sure the solution is in an old thread somewhere in the worth forum

3M 5200 works wonders for those NR bats with this type of situation

4xtra

Player/Coach
FYI
Jazzy, the VAST majority of the guys on here are straight up.
I personally never had any issues at all on here
and I am sure many others have had positive experiences on here as well.
So do not allow that situation make you think otherwise.
(Other than the occasional douchebag behavior on here but THAT is another story.............)

It appears that the seller is going to square that deal up so I hope everything works out for you

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
This is how issues like this are to be handled here NTTG has been a member for some time and did what was supposed to be done..

Newbs as well as some that have been on here for some time plz take note..