BP ball bag advice

lorichie56

Looking to find a good bag for carrying around 50 softballs to use for BP. Just looking for some suggestions if anyone has something they really like. Carrying 3 buckets around isnt awesome and not looking for a huge equip bag. Any help appreciated thanks!

seniorss

Addicted to Softballfans
We use a collapsible beach wagon ( get the one with the big wheels, makes it nice when you pick up the balls.)

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
A55D8F13-C8E2-4B32-AF4D-C91B52B5FDB7.jpeg Military surplus duffel bag. Only way to go. They’re $10-12 at just about any military surplus store, and they’re practically indestructible. Holds a ton of softballs as well. I’ve had mine for 3 years and they look just the same as the day I got them.

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
15673.jpg

It's a Yoke - Get it?

%%%

D-ROCK13

We use an old wake/knee board bag. It's netted so it lets water and dirt out and holds well over 100 balls, if you're strong enough to pack it around

lorichie56

View attachment 63125 Military surplus duffel bag. Only way to go. They’re $10-12 at just about any military surplus store, and they’re practically indestructible. Holds a ton of softballs as well. I’ve had mine for 3 years and they look just the same as the day I got them.

Great idea i just got mine in the mail today and its perfect just what i was looking for thanks for the advice!

AutomaticSOB

Senior Status 50+
Bought a used large Boombah backpack with wheels for $25 off craigslist, works great. Had a kids name and number embroidered from little league all stars and I just took the panel off

WISEGUY18

Not Very Wise
I see OP found a solution but wanted to add my $00.02. I have used an old roller bag in the past, they work good if you can find one on the cheap. I currently use two 30 gallon storage totes. They are not expensive and easy to transport. Once at the field I set an empty tote upside down and stack the full tote on top for easier access. Once empty you can take both totes to the outfield to pick them up refill, re stack, and, repeat!

**The totes explode easily when hit by a batted ball. I learned the hard way to set them behind the screen**

defos

Several years ago we started using a bag/bucket of 25-30 balls for bp. After they're hit, we throw them to an area behind 2nd base and gather them up after the last one is hit. While they're being gathered, the next batter goes in and gets ready to hit. That way everyone gets the same number of swings and we don't have 3 or 4 people standing around home plate waiting to hit. They're out on the field where they should be. We've had 6 or 7 guys get in 2 rounds in just over an hour doing it this way. Doesn't speed things up with 3 or 4 guys, but definitely does with more than that.

arther itis

payin' to get paid
Several years ago we started using a bag/bucket of 25-30 balls for bp. After they're hit, we throw them to an area behind 2nd base and gather them up after the last one is hit. While they're being gathered, the next batter goes in and gets ready to hit. That way everyone gets the same number of swings and we don't have 3 or 4 people standing around home plate waiting to hit. They're out on the field where they should be. We've had 6 or 7 guys get in 2 rounds in just over an hour doing it this way. Doesn't speed things up with 3 or 4 guys, but definitely does with more than that.

I've done this before as well. We usually do bp with 3 people: 1 batter, 1 pitcher & 1 outfielder.

The pitcher has the bucket of balls next to him and the outfielder retrieves the batted balls and throws them to an area behind 2nd base or shortstop. When all the balls are pitched, the pitcher and outfielder refill the bucket. The batter then gets his glove and also is left to retrieve any foul balls.

Then all three guys rotate clockwise: pitcher moves to batter, batter moves to outfield, outfielder moves in to pitch. All three of us then get to practice our pitching.