break in time for L1.0

grubd

Banned User
Pop and distance are one and the same. Of course a salvo and synergy hit at 100mph will have different distances, they are made of different materials.

AJfitness

Manager
Then with what ur own statement says is pop and distance are different in 100 MPH isn't 100 MPH with different composites.. My point was the difference between the pop (exit speed) and distance between the L1 and 100H are different..maybe it's the different composites or something else but they do not equal each other..

AJfitness

Manager
The st100 and the 100h are the same composite.. And they differ in pop and distance also.. Apparently hundreds of people think the same thing according to some of their reviews.

godsfavorite32

Loyalty iz aLL I KnoW!!!!
Exit speed = distance it's simple math.

IF a ball comes off my bat at 100mph it will go further than a ball hit at 93mph factoring in trajectory ofcourse.

Thanks you sir I don't give damn what catorgories SOFTBALLFANS made exit speed = distance end of story only thing give you more distance is back spin and wind...

godsfavorite32

Pop does not equal distance... I do agree with ur point that 100 mph off of 2 different bats is the same thing.. Should be same distance also.. But we all no all bats are not created equal or every1 would be using the same bat..

You can't tell me the 100 mph Easton salvo has the same pop (exit speed) and distance as the helmer or L1.. Be real bro..

Also go to the review page and look at the pop versus distance leaders.. Almost all the bats who have great pop are not listed in the top distance and vice versa.. All I'm saying is just because a bat says 100 mPH does not mean that is what it is..

What the hell are you talking about!!!!!

godsfavorite32

Then with what ur own statement says is pop and distance are different in 100 MPH isn't 100 MPH with different composites.. My point was the difference between the pop (exit speed) and distance between the L1 and 100H are different..maybe it's the different composites or something else but they do not equal each other..

I shouldn't have asked this question cuz you don't even know what the hell you're talking about...

AJfitness

Manager
Ya ok.. Then all bats are created equal smart guy.. Go swing a hammer or any other cheap made 100 mph bat and get me to understand why the ball travels harder and further with a helmer.. What ur saying is all bats are the Same then.. If 100 MPH With different bats equals the same distance and exit speed every1 would by the cheapest bat on the market..

And not just softball fans rate rate bats by distance and pop as well as other things.. Most people who demo bats rate bats same way

godsfavorite32

Ya ok.. Then all bats are created equal smart guy.. Go swing a hammer or any other cheap made 100 mph bat and get me to understand why the ball travels harder and further with a helmer.. What ur saying is all bats are the Same then.. If 100 MPH With different bats equals the same distance and exit speed every1 would by the cheapest bat on the market..

And not just softball fans rate rate bats by distance and pop as well as other things.. Most people who demo bats rate bats same way

A bat that has more exit speed(more broken in) will have greater distance. A bat will not have less exit speed (less broken in) and give more distance not possible and I'm done... (EXIT SPEED =DISTANCE) (NOT DISTANCE>EXIT SPEED OR EXIT SPEED>DISTANCE)

TO END LET ME SAY THIS I HAVE SWUNG ALL KINDS OF BATS BUT I HAVE YET TO SAY DAMN HIS BAT HAS SOME POP ,BUT NO DISTANCE

Last edited:

creative10

Banned User
Sounds good Colby what you think about it compared to 100H

I really couldnt judge it to be honest cuz the balls were so dam hard...dont get me wrong I took one out of a 335 park in a jiffy but anything u swung that day was gonna do that. Once temps hit in the 50's I will get a good feel how this bat performs under somewhat normal circumstances.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
A bat that has more exit speed(more broken in) will have greater distance. A bat will not have less exit speed (less broken in) and give more distance not possible and I'm done... (EXIT SPEED =DISTANCE) (NOT DISTANCE>EXIT SPEED OR EXIT SPEED>DISTANCE)

TO END LET ME SAY THIS I HAVE SWUNG ALL KINDS OF BATS BUT I HAVE YET TO SAY DAMN HIS BAT HAS SOME POP ,BUT NO DISTANCE

These guys are a little slow. Since I am bored I will explain a bit more thurough.

Firstly, let me address what that one guy was saying about all bats being equal if they both have the same distance if hit at 100mph.

Yes, this is true. IF you were man enough to have BBS(batted ball speed) of 100MPH with the Easton Hammer, then yes. It will go just as far as a Helmer with a BBS of 100mph.

The difference is, some bats make it easier to reach higher BBS. Thusly a Helmer has a bigger sweet spot and more POP thusly producing more BBS versus the Hammer where it would be near impossible for it to keep up.

Secondly, A bat can not have more "pop" and have less distance. It would defy the laws of physics. Let me explain. We are going to assume when you use the word pop or exit speed we are talking about BBS. Batted ball speed is the speed at which the ball is hit off the bat. If a bat has great exit speed(lets use 100MPH as an example here) of 100MPH then it will travel further, creating distance.
If you are saying this bat has great exit speed but not the distance of "X" bat. Then it makes no sense.
You wont have a bat with lower BBS of let's say, 88MPH create more distance than the more exit speed bat of 100MPH.
If hit in the same conditions with the same trajectory a 100mph ball will travel significantly further than the 88MPH ball.
Let me give you an example.
If you drive your car to 65mph and then let off the gas and coast wouldn't the car coast further than if you were to do the same experiment but let off the gas at 45mph? Ofcourse we are talking about a controlled experiment with no variables other than speed.

This is getting long and I am sure I have lost you by now. If I haven't then I am hope this makes it clear for you the science of how exit speed = distance.

muskaaron

Manufactured To Hit Bombs

LMAO, it doesnt matter if you hit a softball 100 mph with a tennis racket...if the ball is traveling 100mph (disregarding spin/tophand) will go just as far.
Let me take it out of softball terms for you...if a pinto goes 100 mph is it just as fast as a Challenger that goes 100 mph?...yes. Challenger will have an easier time getting to 100 mph but the pinto is going the same speed.

newbill/kti15

Addicted to Softballfans
I will chime in a little bit on the L1.0 aka "New" Helmer... First off the, bat is pretty hot out of the wrapper... had no problem swinging it out of of the wrapper in a game... Second, durability seems very solid... Has not got above 55 degrees here in Washington and have about 500+ swings on my 28, and no issues... Lastly the weight issue... Kind of important thing to know about this bat... 26 oz=1oz end load, 27 oz=2 oz end load, and 28 oz= 3oz end load... and in my opinion the load is all in the end...

FiremanStokes

Addicted to Softballfans
LMAO, it doesnt matter if you hit a softball 100 mph with a tennis racket...if the ball is traveling 100mph (disregarding spin/tophand) will go just as far.
Let me take it out of softball terms for you...if a pinto goes 100 mph is it just as fast as a Challenger that goes 100 mph?...yes. Challenger will have an easier time getting to 100 mph but the pinto is going the same speed.

This is GOOD STUFF.....:D

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Pop does not equal distance... I do agree with ur point that 100 mph off of 2 different bats is the same thing.. Should be same distance also.. But we all no all bats are not created equal or every1 would be using the same bat..

You can't tell me the 100 mph Easton salvo has the same pop (exit speed) and distance as the helmer or L1.. Be real bro..

I will kindly disagree with you, i hit the Salvo100 the same distance as the 100H or L1.