Breaking in Your New Vinci Glove

KennyG2019

I read that the bigger gloves (13.5 and up) are supposed to be true to size.

And, yes, it's a custom TJ1952-OB. Good eye! It's exactly like the white/gray one they have one their site, only in black.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Interesting...that is a really nice looker. That should be a perfect OF glove for you.

KennyG2019

Thanks. Yeah, it's the best looking glove I've ever put on my hand, that's for sure. Plus, I got an unbelievable deal on it. I just hope I can get the right size. I just emailed Wayne. Let's see what he says...:confused:

KennyG2019

Well, assuming that all gets worked out, I have a normal break-in question.
The glove (obviously) is rock hard...and the pinky strap (I go TiP) is, too. How do I loosen it?
Do I need to get a regular (oval) glove mallet, like I've read, or is there another way?

KennyG2019

OK, after talking with a couple of Vinci reps, I found out that the BMB-OB and the TJ1952-OB are 1/2" short. However, they also say that once broken in, these gloves play so big and so deep that the discrepancy between their stated size and their actual size becomes a non-issue. I will take them at their word. These guys have a lot of knowledge and experience. OTOH, why Vinci, or any other glove maker, can't (or won't) accurately describe the size of their gloves is beyond me. It causes unnecessary confusion and stress.