Bubba club vs ff2 10inch

JFBallPlayer

just swung a bubba club about a week ago. 26oz
i normally swing Miken DC41(27oz) either the 2018 or 2019 model
went 7 for 9 with an inside the park HR 2 singles and 4 doubles.
i did notice that you have to barrel he ball for it to go anywhere which going from a 13/14" supermax bat was weird to swing teh bubba club

was a bit cold outside and everything hit would hit the top of the 12' fence 300' out.
been thinking about buying one just to have because it is a fun bat to use.

personally dont like swinging the new eastons(circuit breaker, FF2 and the helmer blue line) all had decent pop just felt weird to me personally

JFBallPlayer

Don’t swing a 26 Bubba. If you’re swinging long barrel Dc41’s type bats, if you switch to a shorter barrel, you have to go up an ounce.

That’s going to help a lot.

im sure ill feel the difference tomorrow. just wanted try it out in a game. if the stamp change wasnt happening id buy the 27oz one to put in the bag

ShortYellowBus

If you buy a UTrip bat now, you can still use it for almost two years. The stamp change just got extended and it may extend again to help the bat companies catch up.

And that’s assuming the local league you play in will strictly enforce the stamp change. You may get to keep swinging it with no penalty.

The reality is, most leagues won’t.

If you only play conference and need the new stamp, then perhaps you should keep what you have and avoid all the good deals right now.

JFBallPlayer

just bought 4 bats at the beginning of this season for a team that I manage.

ill have to ask the LD hes a new guy that plays alot in the tourneys around here as well as traveling. as far as the city it was a PITA when we swtiched from ASA to USSSA. each year for the past 5 years has had a new LD because they retire at the end of the year so nothing is ever set in stone so ill have to see what hes gonna do as hes a younger guy who was very excited to get the job. and cleaning up the league to make it more enjoyable for everyone

Last edited by a moderator:

ShortYellowBus

just bought 4 bats at the beginning of this season for a team that I manage.

ill have to ask the LD hes a new guy that plays alot in the tourneys around here as well as traveling. as far as the city it was a PITA when we swtiched from ASA to USSSA. each year for the past 5 years has had a new LD because they retire at the end of the year so nothing is ever set in stone so ill have to see what hes gonna do as hes a younger guy who was very excited to get the job. and cleaning up the league to make it more enjoyable for everyone

might just hit up SIS for some of their halloween specials
Black Friday is where it’s at. Save your cash.

The Halloween specials will be $59-69, just like the Combats.

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
Just got a Bubba Club today in 27oz; I usually swing 26oz’s, but I heard that you can’t feel the end-load as much with a 26, so we’ll see.

-G

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
Hit mine off the tee this weekend and really liked it. The 27oz progressive end-load didn’t seem too much like a sledgehammer like some people have said.

Plus, for the price it was worth trying out..

-G

JFBallPlayer

first pitch in a game endcap but ball went 301' right at the foul pole both people on the bleachers said i was robbed of that HR... ump called it foul cause he cant see that far.(His Words)
next pitch shotgun blast to LC bat is great so far

just got to get that barrel on it and it flies

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
The Bubba Club has a weak endload. I ordered a 28. The 26 and 27 just felt wimpy to me.

I don't mind the small sweetspot either. I also like that its further out toward the end of the bat.

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
The Bubba Club has a weak endload. I ordered a 28. The 26 and 27 just felt wimpy to me.

I don't mind the small sweetspot either. I also like that its further out toward the end of the bat.

Same here. I was expecting a DC type end-load so was curious about getting a 27 but I've been pleased with it so far.

-G

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Got my 28 oz Bubba Club today. The bat says 2 oz endload. This is lighter than prior years when Easton 28 oz bats had 3 oz endloads.

This Bubba Club feels like a true 28. It doesn't really have that sledgehammer feel. You can feel the endload, but it isn't overwhelming. I think the Kirby and any Wegman models feel more endloaded than the Bubba Club.

lukeamdman

Got my 28 oz Bubba Club today. The bat says 2 oz endload. This is lighter than prior years when Easton 28 oz bats had 3 oz endloads.

This Bubba Club feels like a true 28. It doesn't really have that sledgehammer feel. You can feel the endload, but it isn't overwhelming. I think the Kirby and any Wegman models feel more endloaded than the Bubba Club.

The 11" in 28oz does have a little more endload than the Bubba.

I've used the Bubba Club since last fall and it's almost perfect for my swing. It just needs more end load.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
The 11" in 28oz does have a little more endload than the Bubba.

I've used the Bubba Club since last fall and it's almost perfect for my swing. It just needs more end load.

That was why I bought a 28 oz. I've swung the lighter Bubba Clubs and I wasn't impressed with the endload at all.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
So, I picked up a FF2 10" and another Bubba Club this week. Both are 28 oz. I can say just holding them that the FF2 has noticeably more endload than the Bubba Club.

I may yet grab one of the 11". Haven't decided yet. The price has dropped nicely on all 3 models.

dunkky

what's the price on them, 99? so, what's the verdict? ff2 10" vs bubba club vs 11"

i have no problem swinging 27 dc41, do you think i can handle 28 of ff2 10 or bubba club?

Hiltz

Built for comfort
So, I picked up a FF2 10" and another Bubba Club this week. Both are 28 oz. I can say just holding them that the FF2 has noticeably more endload than the Bubba Club.

what's the price on them, 99? so, what's the verdict? ff2 10" vs bubba club vs 11"

i have no problem swinging 27 dc41, do you think i can handle 28 of ff2 10 or bubba club?

My FF210 (28oz) has a very noticeable endload. I was pleasantly surprised after hearing about how wimpy the Bubba was.

Dunkky, if you go with the FF210 I wouldn't go up an ounce, the endload is comparable to a Supermax/XXL. I'd even say it's on par with the progressive endload '13/'14 Eastons.

dunkky

what's u guys preference, i know you guys have swung both. ff2 or bubba club? wouldnt be surprised its ff2 due to its endloading.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur

I won't have a verdict until the season starts next year. All I'm able to tell at this point is that the 10" is pretty damn endloaded.

And yes, plenty of bats on sale for $99.

If you can handle a 27 oz DC you can definitely handle a 28 oz Bubba Club. The Bubba has a weak endload. Its noticeable, but not severe.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
My FF210 (28oz) has a very noticeable endload. I was pleasantly surprised after hearing about how wimpy the Bubba was.

Dunkky, if you go with the FF210 I wouldn't go up an ounce, the endload is comparable to a Supermax/XXL. I'd even say it's on par with the progressive endload '13/'14 Eastons.

I agree. The Bubba and FF2 10" look exactly the same, but the 10" has way more endload. Easton seems to have gotten back into the endload game with this bat.

The Bubba isn't bad in 28 oz. I won't call it super endloaded, but I wouldn't feel the need to go any heavier than that.

dunkky

thanks for the input guys. if i go after 10inch, it would be 27, otherwise bc 28.
I understand they kill classic Ms, what about 52 or 44 cor balls?

Hiltz,
what is your verdict or preference between the two?

the reason i am asking is that, you guys bat preference matches mine. handle on stiffer side, heavy endload, short barrel.

by the way, i'll see if these guys go below 99 this christmas. LOL. If not, they should still be there for 99 with no doubt.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I understand they kill classic Ms, what about 52 or 44 cor balls?

Hiltz,
what is your verdict or preference between the two?

the reason i am asking is that, you guys bat preference matches mine. handle on stiffer side, heavy endload, short barrel.

I can't say I prefer one or the other, I've never swung the Bubba. I'm only going by what I've heard on that bat.

But my thoughts on the FF210; as noted, it has a serious endload. I have no trouble finding the sweetspot on the shorter barrel but I'm accustomed to (and prefer) 12" barrels over long-barreled bats. Performance-wise; too early to tell. I've only hit about 60-80 balls, all .52's, and it's a little behind my 1000+ swing '17 Wegman, but not by much. 10" has no handle flex and the barrel feels crisp, but not as stiff and unforgiving as older Eastons. You can feel when you miss a little but it doesn't rattle your hands.

My recommendation; if you like 0.5oz endload, get the Bubba. If you like 1oz endload or '13-'16 endloaded Eastons, get the FF210.