Bubba club vs ff2 10inch

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Got some more tee swings and another live BP in with my FF210.

I don't know if it's because it's breaking in or because I'm getting more consistent with the sweetspot (probably both), but I'm starting to get some good distance. Feel and sound hasn't changed, the balls are just coming off faster and travelling farther. I'm probably at about the 200-300 swing mark.

One weird thing I noticed, just about every ball I hit with it has some crazy movement; either slicing left/right, flying level and then diving down into the ground, knuckling, etc.

dunkky

my ff2 is on fire too. i'll probably post a video pretty soon. At the same time, i would like to try lloyd as well since many have said it hits all balls well. our utrip league uses 52s and ff2 isn't he best option.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Got some more tee swings and another live BP in with my FF210.

I don't know if it's because it's breaking in or because I'm getting more consistent with the sweetspot (probably both), but I'm starting to get some good distance. Feel and sound hasn't changed, the balls are just coming off faster and travelling farther. I'm probably at about the 200-300 swing mark.

One weird thing I noticed, just about every ball I hit with it has some crazy movement; either slicing left/right, flying level and then diving down into the ground, knuckling, etc.

Its probably a combo of the bat breaking in and you becoming more familiar with the sweetspot. I didn't notice any weird movement on the balls I was hitting with the FF2 10". I most likely won't swing mine again until all the virus hysteria has passed and tournies resume.

So far I'm a fan of my FF 2 10". When you drop that heavy barrel onto a ball it propels it effortlessly.

dunkky

tw, have you swung your ff2 since then? i love my my ff2 and it just totally crushes classic ms like no others. but against 52 or cm+, it's avg at most.

I am start thinking how bubb club is like. since its og flex tech, it might perform better against 52s or cm+.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I haven't hit anything other than .52's with mine, and I've never swung a Bubba Club. But I've had plenty of time to get some swings on the FF210 and it's getting better. It's starting to hit .52's just as far as my other bats ('17 Wegman Flex, '17 Fulk Legit, SY100, etc.) and it's got a few lines of traditional webbing now.

Completely unrelated; with all the tee swings I've been taking, I'm starting to hit my 30's farther than my 28's. In the past I've only toyed with 30oz bats but I'm starting to consider them as possible gamers... if there's a season.

lukeamdman

Took some swings with the 10" FF2 last week. It sounds different than the Bubba Club, but for me it performs better because of the extra end load.

Once I get ~300 hits on it with some Evil Rockets it should be filthy.

dunkky

ok, maybe my 52s are too beat up then. they are over 3 years old and had a ton of cuts on them. my classic Ms are pretty new.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
tw, have you swung your ff2 since then? i love my my ff2 and it just totally crushes classic ms like no others. but against 52 or cm+, it's avg at most.

I am start thinking how bubb club is like. since its og flex tech, it might perform better against 52s or cm+.

Nope. Obviously the season's on hiatus for now. I'll swing the FF2 10" when things resume.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
ok, maybe my 52s are too beat up then. they are over 3 years old and had a ton of cuts on them. my classic Ms are pretty new.

Get some new BP balls. Also, don't hit classic Ms for BP. All you'll do there is destroy your bats. Get some newer .52s. Buy them used or go find them. Balls aren't hard to come by.

dunkky

yeah, i got some c+ as well, brand new. i should have bought more c+ instead of classic ms when they were a dollar each. but boy, love to hit those hard rocks though.

lukeamdman

I'm sold on the FF2. With the bubba club I could hit HRs but they were rarely father than 325-330'.

Now with about 120-150 hits in the FF2 I'm already getting greater distance. That end load is just awesome.

dunkky

yeah. i would love to hit in actual games. i can easily reach 290ish time to time with good exit speed. I am pretty sure that's over 300 in live games. I am just getting bored of hitting it in bp at this point. time to put it on the test. dunno when that time will be.. :(

i am experimenting something different nowadays. elbow high wide standing vs elbow low tall standing. can't really tell if one has any advantage over the other. I just pop up a little less with elbow low tall standing.

zarayari

I haven't hit anything other than .52's with mine, and I've never swung a Bubba Club. But I've had plenty of time to get some swings on the FF210 and it's getting better. It's starting to hit .52's just as far as my other bats ('17 Wegman Flex, '17 Fulk Legit, SY100, etc.) and it's got a few lines of traditional webbing now.

Completely unrelated; with all the tee swings I've been taking, I'm starting to hit my 30's farther than my 28's. In the past I've only toyed with 30oz bats but I'm starting to consider them as possible gamers... if there's a season.
Interested in selling the sy100?

dunkky

ff2 10inch is very good. I mean my ff2 is broken in and it's just unreal.

i had an opportunity to hit it in live bp yesterday. dc41 utrip, L4 border battle, asa and ff2, mixed bag of 52s, hard balls, c+. For my swing, ff2 performed the best. my friend who was pitching told me, my line drive hit exit speed was noticeably better than when i was hitting with dc41 or L4. I could tell also. can't wait to use it in games.

only problem is, i couldn't handle the inside pitch well due to timing issue. So, i wonder if that extra inch would help with 11 incher.

tonys1

Cool thanks - what kind of break-in time do these FF2's require? We play with a weird mush ball here, so I want to give the Onyx and a Demarini Steel a chance first before unwrapping the FF2.

I've never cared for the last 4-5 inches of a barrel near the hands as I can't imagine getting any type of solid hit on that part of the barrel, so I don't mind short barrels. If nothing else, I have a better chance to foul off a ball off than hit a weak ground ball if I get jammed up. There's no limit on pitch counts, so no limit on how many pitches you can foul off.

dunkky

strong guys here say, after a few hits, they put it in the game bag.

for me, after about 500 hit, it just became insane. I just couldn't tell it before because i was hitting off my tee all the time. But yesterday's bp with live pitch clearly showed, i was holding something special. dc41 is no weak contender, but ff2 10 inch is a beast.

by the way, against mush ball, i am not sure if ff2 will stand out. i would pick top asa bat for that over this stick. don't get me wrong, i still hit 290ish with 52 off my tee. so for my power, that's pretty good.

tonys1

ASA 2013 is a no go in that league - ASA 2004 or thumbprint only. The Steel looked great in indoor league and looking forward to seeing how the Onyx will do. Season got cancelled due to Corona when I received it.

dunkky

unwrap that 11 inch and beat the hack out of it then. based on my experience, it's durable than other guys think. I wasn't happy with it before. against 52, now i am convinced it destroys 52 as well, just 5-10ft behind top performing asa bats, that's all.

tonys1

Got my net last week, gonna put another 100 swings on the Primo and then maybe start on 11" until the ASA Amped is delivered

lukeamdman

I have the 2018 11" (Fire/Ice) in 28oz. More endload than the 28oz bubba but not as much as the 11" FF2 28oz.

Great bat, btw.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I'm still waiting on a certain website to put their bats on sale again so I can pick up an 11". I should have bought one during the winter when they were on sale.