Bubba club vs ff2 10inch

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm still waiting on a certain website to put their bats on sale again so I can pick up an 11". I should have bought one during the winter when they were on sale.
They took them off cake because of the utrip stamp changing. Is utrip going to mess with those dates now because of covid-19?

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
They took them off cake because of the utrip stamp changing. Is utrip going to mess with those dates now because of covid-19?

Beats me. I haven't heard anything about that. I think USSSA is more concerned with simply getting things going again at this point. Things in Viera can't be looking very rosy at this point. USSSA has to be HEMORRHAGING money right now.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree. Nobody could've planned for this. Especially with that new complex sucking. Who knows? This might save them if they can get a bailout.

Country469

They don't have very many actual employees or overhead. The entire system revolves around independent contractors and signing 2 day deals to use other peoples stuff. Been cheaping out on the tax stuff to directors for years now, its catching up.

dunkky

I'm still waiting on a certain website to put their bats on sale again so I can pick up an 11". I should have bought one during the winter when they were on sale.

didn't you pick up one of each? It's kinda weird no one wants to swing this, thus no review. one review for 10 inch but he wasn't strong enough to really show what the bat is capable of and none for 11 on youtube. Tonight, i'll be doing another live bp at 10PM. LOL

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
didn't you pick up one of each? It's kinda weird no one wants to swing this, thus no review. one review for 10 inch but he wasn't strong enough to really show what the bat is capable of and none for 11 on youtube. Tonight, i'll be doing another live bp at 10PM. LOL

I never got one of the 11's. I should have, back when they were $99. I ended up with 2 Bubba Clubs and the 10" FF2.

I have a feeling the website that sells these bats will have a sale again at some point. I'll be paying attention for when they do.

dunkky

two bc vs 1 ff2. you like bc better? cuz i might want try it even though i like the endload of ff2.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
two bc vs 1 ff2. you like bc better? cuz i might want try it even though i like the endload of ff2.

I haven't swung any of them enough to know which I like best.

Bubba Club has noticeably less endload than the FF2 10".

I thought the 10" had a softer/different feel than the Bubba Club too.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Played 7 games yesterday and swung the Bubba Club and FF2 10" for the first time in a while.

My opinions/observations on the two bats haven't really changed. The FF2 10" is WAY more endloaded than the Bubba Club. I also feel like it has a softer/mushier feel at contact. The bat swings like a sledgehammer and cuts through balls like a hot knife through butter. The Bubba Club seems a bit less forgiving on mis hits.

Both bats hit about the same distance. We were using C+ and it was 80+ degrees. I didn't feel like the ball was flying great, but both bats still hit quite a few bombs.

Moral of the story is, the Bubba Club and FF2 10" are NOT the same bat. Same barrel length, but everything else is different (feel, sweetspot size, endload). I actually like having both bats in the bag at the same time.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
It is, but it's got the Mule Load or Motherload (whatever their heaviest EL is.)

So far I think that's only been available on the 13.25" Resmondo and the 12.5" Wham.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Looks like the 2020 Bubba Club is a 12". Bummer!

Yeah, boo to that. I actually like 12" barrels just fine, but I really liked the novelty of having a 10" option.

On a side note, I'm starting to really dig the FF2 10". That bat is a sledgehammer that absolutely brutalizes balls. I think it has a better feel than the Bubba Club.

dunkky

hahaha. get a pop toss or Tee. Dont make them think they are important. You don't need them.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I finally got to swing my FF210 against live pitching in a pickup game last night. 4-4 with all 4 balls hit right off the sweetspot. The short barrel looks intimidating but it's no harder to hit a ball squarely than it is with a 12" barrel.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I finally got to swing my FF210 against live pitching in a pickup game last night. 4-4 with all 4 balls hit right off the sweetspot. The short barrel looks intimidating but it's no harder to hit a ball squarely than it is with a 12" barrel.
It's where you should be hitting the ball anyway with a bigger barrel. The teammates of mine that would try it for more than 2 swings all figured it out no problem.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
It's where you should be hitting the ball anyway with a bigger barrel. The teammates of mine that would try it for more than 2 swings all figured it out no problem.

I tend to hit the barrel close to the end. I'm actually much more consistent with my 10" and 12" Eastons than I am with a 14" Miken/Worth; with those bats it always feels like I mis-hit the ball a little bit. The sweetspot may be bigger overall but it isn't where I want it.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur

I agree. the 10" barrel feels exactly like a 12" to me. That FF2 10" is responsive. When I find the barrel with backspin good things happen.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I put in a little work with the Bubba Club today. We were playing coed on 320' fields with C+s. Temp was 90ish. The Bubba Club had no trouble at all putting balls well out of that field. Every ball I hit even somewhat decently was gone by a lot.

Only swung the FF2 10" twice today. Flew out and hit a HR. Bubba Club was just feeling better today. I'm really starting to dig the short barrel Eastons. They're so fun to hit, especially in HR situations.

On a side note, I also swung a 27 oz '15 Kirby twice today. 2 HR there too. The short barrel Eastons felt nice, and I was barreling everything up.

dunkky

sadly, no market for it. went out yesterday with a pop toss and 10incher. I video taped my swing. Man was I disappointed when i looked at the video. i was doing much better than 1st time, but my mechanic looked nothing like when i hit off my Tee. Mainly the hand drop... thus less consistency with lack of power. I need to start all over again.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
sadly, no market for it. went out yesterday with a pop toss and 10incher. I video taped my swing. Man was I disappointed when i looked at the video. i was doing much better than 1st time, but my mechanic looked nothing like when i hit off my Tee. Mainly the hand drop... thus less consistency with lack of power. I need to start all over again.

Tee and live BP mechanics won't be the same. Don't even bother comparing them. I think I've hit off the tee once since I got my pop toss. That's been a year and a half.

My timing has been really good lately. You probably aren't quite used tot the pop toss yet.

I haven't made any swing videos lately. I don't really feel the need at this point. My swing feels good and I'm hitting the ball hard/far.

dunkky

no doubt. i let go of mine for 70 or 80 locally, so i can swing omega og. I ain't complaining though. lol you can still pick em up used cheap.