Price Check Buckaroo 12.75

exccsracer

Scrooge McBase
I just got this back in December. I conditioned it in and played in 3 games. I love it but I have too many gloves. It's currently my back up.

fb26ae6153df6a5e65e0ea31dacaf82e.jpg

e036c9d3d639536d7740c213c8bd71e1.jpg

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
What did you do to condition it?

Sadly, $125-$135 at SBF, but maybe $20 more on the bay.

exccsracer

Scrooge McBase
I used NLT. For that price I'll just hang onto it. It's a great glove and looks like it'll remain my back up.

Not interested in any trades, I have enough bats as it is. Thanks though.

grubd

Banned User
Was dead set on a buffalo combo to replace my walnut. After seeing how this is breaking in... I am undecided.

exccsracer

Scrooge McBase
Was dead set on a buffalo combo to replace my walnut. After seeing how this is breaking in... I am undecided.

I've had both and they feel alike in every area except weight. The BB is much lighter than any quality glove I've ever had.

And if you're wondering about the darkness in the palm, it's due to dirty balls.<insert funny joke here>

I ordered the BB and while waiting for it I came across a WB for a price I couldn't refuse. I actually liked the WB better except for the weight.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
NLT is just Vaseline. As it is really more of a wax than an oil, it works fine, but here is my standard line:
Lexol conditioner (NOT the NF version) if the leather is dry and a Beeswax leather waterproofer as a top coat sealer. I like JobSite waterproofer, but just got a tub of Obenauf's LP and love it.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I have almost pulled the trigger on this exact glove a few times. It is a really nice pattern.

exccsracer

Scrooge McBase
Update on this glove.... I still love it but compared to my new Wilson BBELO it feels floppy as can be. I'm not sure if the Wilson is just that much firmer or what. They both had the same break in and ball time. Is this a normal trait of these? Aside from being a backup my intention was to use the Nokona when playing middle infield and the Wilson when in the outfield.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
The sandstone is pretty stiff when new, but seems to soften. The kangaroo is just plain soft. I would have hoped the interior structure and sandstone would keep it from getting too soft, but maybe not. They made a couple all sandstone gloves that I have seen on the bay and that would probably make a big difference.

I know guys who like gloves that are WAY soft (floppy) so preference vary quite bit. Is it the padding or the leather that is too soft for you?

exccsracer

Scrooge McBase
The glove is firm enough to hold itself open but feels super floppy when wearing it. I'm, of course, comparing it to my Wilson.

embesh

Addicted to Softballfans
What position do you play with the BBELO? Softball? Im afraid to take the tags off mine because I think its too narrow of a pocket. I know broken in it would be better but Im in the outfield and Im just not sure!! May just want to sell it.

exccsracer

Scrooge McBase
I play short or 2b mainly. I'd heard it played narrow but honestly it feels just fine to me. I shaped the pocket and stretched it a bit. No worries here.

exccsracer

Scrooge McBase
No problem.

I've read a lot of reviews from different people on this site. Some are being a tad picky and some are way too technical. Beat it, shape it, and play it. I've never heard anyone say "I misfielded that ball because my glove was too narrow". To each his own though.