Buying a bat looking for some advice!!!

Sbrees

Part Time Player
New to this forum hoping to get a little insight on a good bat. Needs to be asa.... I have a quick swing and prefer a heavier bat
I was looking at a flipper....any advice would be great

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
Welcome to the board but you need a lot more info for help. What balls do you use? Are you a power hitter or slap hitter? What weight do you swing normally? Do you like one piece or 2 piece? What works for one guy/gal doesn't always work for someone else.

Joker

endload/balance, 1 piece/2 piece, barrel length, and feel are the things to need to look at. figure out what you like then look for a bat that meets those requirements, all top end bats are going to preform about the same. find the one that works the best for you

Sbrees

Part Time Player
I am a power hitter I play womens and coed...I just use team bats right now I like swinging 28oz

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
OP welcome to the boards.
Always PM Coach for the best deal, before you buy anything.

Pretty much any ASA only bat will serve you well.

But, since you asked.....
1 pc Combat Derby Boys
2 pc Mercy, J3a, or Combat Wanted...............depending on what type of endload you like.

Mordo613

Starting Player
OP welcome to the boards.
Always PM Coach for the best deal, before you buy anything.

Pretty much any ASA only bat will serve you well.

But, since you asked.....
1 pc Combat Derby Boys
2 pc Mercy, J3a, or Combat Wanted...............depending on what type of endload you like.

Who is "coach"
Sorry, I'm new here

Sbrees

Part Time Player
Okay thanks!!! Yes I'd like to get my hands on a j3a!!! I've Been using a friends stealth scn9 and getting triples with it :)

Spackler

...got that goin for me
44 is a decent ball but some newer bats aren't durable with the harder ball and are made for the 52/300....but you swing like a girl so might be ok :rolleyes:....Demarini line has some nice offerings. Too bad you don't like 26 cause ladies on coed team crush with Mercy....but J3A is sweet too

Sbrees

Part Time Player
Haha!! Thanks for the advice! I have a quick solid swing and a lighter bat just doesn't feel right to me. I haven't been playing slowpitch for very long though (life of fastpitch softball and man what a different world!!) so I'm definitely open to suggestions... I have heard great stuff about the mercy so if I get a chance I'll try it out :)
Thanks again