Other California tie breaker

chezzeburger29

Addicted to Softballfans
Game ended in a tie in the playoffs. The last out couldn't run due to having to leave the inning before. When she left she was the last out the inning before. Who runs now. We play smcaf

BretMan

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't have any idea what the SMCAF rule book looks like, but for ASA/USA you would just go down the batting order to the next player and put them on second base, with no further penalty.

ureout

The Veteran
Game ended in a tie in the playoffs. The last out couldn't run due to having to leave the inning before. When she left she was the last out the inning before. Who runs now. We play smcaf

yes you go to the next previous batter.....but I d know of some associatons that call the original runner out....so you start the inning with 1 out...this stops the fake injuries for a slower runner

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans

Are you sure SCMAF states it is the last out or like other tie-breakers, the last batter due to bat in that half inning?

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
Are you sure SCMAF states it is the last out or like other tie-breakers, the last batter due to bat in that half inning?

I was going to ask this also because now if a runner got thrown out at 3rd base to end the inning they are the runner instead of the last batter.

Sully

Wanna buy jerseys/rings?
Never mind, the SCMAF web page has a list of general rules including:

e. Tie-breaker rule will be used which would place a runner at second base each successive extra inning. Runner at second base shall be the last out from the previous inning.

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
Never mind, the SCMAF web page has a list of general rules including:

e. Tie-breaker rule will be used which would place a runner at second base each successive extra inning. Runner at second base shall be the last out from the previous inning.

SCMAF is pretty amateurish when it comes to rules, so I'm not surprised they screws this one up.