Any Calling ''TIME''

yves6369

Should an umpire call TIME for no apparent reason. I played in a tournament and the umpire was always calling TIME pretty much after each play. So i asked him why he was calling TIME and not letting the play be liVe. So he told me. '' I'M THE UMPIRE, THIS IS YOUR FIRST WARNING AND IF YOU SAY ANOTHER WORD I'LL THROW YOU OUT OF THE GAME.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Agreed but I'll answer anyway. Time should be called at the conclusion of each play by the plate umpire. Conclusion means the ball is controlled by an infielder in the infield and all runners have stopped moving forward. This allows the umpire(s) to get back into position for the next batter.

jonsey

Should an umpire call TIME for no apparent reason. I played in a tournament and the umpire was always calling TIME pretty much after each play. So i asked him why he was calling TIME and not letting the play be liVe. So he told me. '' I'M THE UMPIRE, THIS IS YOUR FIRST WARNING AND IF YOU SAY ANOTHER WORD I'LL THROW YOU OUT OF THE GAME.

If it's slow pitch then time should be called after every live ball play once the defense has control of the ball in or near the infield and all runners have stopped advancing

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans

Guess what? That is not an umpire

jhughes72

If there is no more threat of advancement from runners, I would say calling time is perfectly fine. The way you make the umpire yelling it out though, leads on that there is maybe some issues with you earlier in the game

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
If there no reason to call time i am not wasting my time to call time. and we are taught not to do in else we need to (fp) speaking on (sp) may be a bit diffrent the games i done haven't had to call time... much at all that i can think of

Why don't you want to call time? It will probably speed up your game