Need Help Can a MOD open the SilverSlugger7 missing Package thread.

Dugout5

Starting Player
You can read the original post for the background info.

After they closed the OG thread I kinda chalked it up as a loss and a learning exp. I did save a search for any Mercy posted on “the bay” just for kicks. About a month later I get a notification of a posting for a NIW 2014 Mercy. Crazy thing was the sellers name was the exact same as on SBF “SilverSlugger7”. I couldn’t believe it. You could tell it was the same bat by the location and orientation the D sticker that’s was placed under the wrapper. Some board bros also noticed it on “the bay” and PM’d me about it. I obliviously wasn’t the only one on the look out for this bat to show up.

I contacted the PA state police and asked for help. They told me to purchase the bat back for evidence. I placed a bid and won the bat then he actually shipped it back to the same address I shipped it to him from . The police contacted “the bay” and SBF to confirm the both usernames belonged to the same person and address. It was a match.

So I packed up my whole family and took the bat to the State Police ( I wanted to teach my kids a lesson about stealing and consequences. To this day we still talk about SS7 by his proper name and the bat is displayed in my closet as a daily reminder). The State Police Detective documented everything and found his fingerprints and mine on the bat still. We filed offical criminal charges and a summons was issued for him to appear in court. I showed up and he didn’t. They issued a warrant for his arrest and we’ve been waiting to extradite him to PA to appear in court.

Fast forward 2 years.... 2 weeks ago the DA called me and said SS7 has been picked up on the warrant. He is now applying for the ARD program. To enter the program he need to pay restitution to the victim. I filled out documention of all my losses, shipping etc. for the total of $500. I haven’t heard anything back yet and I would imagine he’s trying to fight it somehow.

It’s been a long road and I’ll keep you guys posted on further details. Hopefully the good guys come out on top this time!

ShortYellowBus

Incredible story. So sorry that you had to go through this. Just a nightmare.

I read this and many other stories and decided the best way to safeguard myself is to not sell anything of real value via SBF.

I also opened a P.O. box so I can pick up my stuff from an actual P.O. worker. And I always send Purchased Goods the first time dealing with someone because I can never be too safe.

This week I had a bat fall out of a truck. Short story.

The tracking said available for pickup, but I was handed an empty box with both sides completely opened at the counter. Tape came apart completely; old box and one cheap strip of tape.

I pick up a couple bats a week from the P.O., so they know me now, they were ready to show me the bat that was found after the packages were removed.

I confirmed the bat was mine and showed them the picture I was given by the seller.

tonys1

Crazy story, good on you - I read the original story, tried to make you look like the bad guy at first.