Canadian 2-peice psycho

kvander

Addicted to Softballfans
They are still available in store, just not online. Scarborough location had 3 or 4 of 26oz and 27oz yesterday afternoon. Sign up for their e-mail list for an additional 10% off coupon

Squatchzilla

Extra Hitter
Grabbed this in a 27 and it's HEAVY. heaviest "27" we've tried out so far. I dont have a scale but when we swung agaisnt the black DC it seemed similar if not a bit more. Maybe because it felt so stiff.
I'm just curious, which is why I'm not making a ltt thread, but would a 26 be able to fetch a watermelon or patriot balanced?
Just trying to see if we should swap our other 27oz for a 26 and do that.

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm curious what yours was on the scale. I have had three 27oz Canadian psychos, and two of them were 27.3 oz. and the other was 27.45oz. My 27oz Freak 12 was like 27.8 oz!

WillW3

Starting Player
My 27 feels like way less end load than last year's DC. Feels like last year's freak black or red knob DC to me. Also has less end load than my 27.5 pink JH

Squatchzilla

Extra Hitter
Thats wild. I used a 27oz black DC at the beginning of the season and I find that one was a little more friendly.
Im gonna have to find a scale and see what this one weighs. Even our resident bomb hitter, who uses a '15 Freak Black in 27oz, said it swung heavy.

We'll get to test them out back to back in a couple days. Try table testing them and see what happens

Last edited:

WillW3

Starting Player
Which would make sense if it was cut from the Freak Black mold...
That's exactly what I was thinking. Feels exactly like a freak black to me as far as weighting.
Thats wild. I used a 27oz black DC at the beginning of the season and I find that one was a little more friendly.
Im gonna have to find a scale and see what this one weighs. Even our resident bomb hitter, who uses a '15 Freak Black in 27oz, said it swung heavy.

We'll get to test them out back to back in a couple days. Try table testing them and see what happens
Yeah, I'm thinking you got a weird one because I thought the black DC was an axe compared to this.

goalie31

Addicted to Softballfans
2016-06-29 00.44.42.jpg my 26er after 80 or so hits fire stick either way if it a black or how much endload. had the 27 got rid of it endload was very felt. pleased with this stick might have to get all 4 left my gamer over my watermelon and black .

Squatchzilla

Extra Hitter
I'm curious what yours was on the scale. I have had three 27oz Canadian psychos, and two of them were 27.3 oz. and the other was 27.45oz. My 27oz Freak 12 was like 27.8 oz!

We weighed it on 2 different scales and got 2 different results..lol.
27.81 and 27.68

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
Is that with stock grip and nothing like a grip n rip on it? If so, that IS heavy!

Squatchzilla

Extra Hitter
its with the stock grip.
I was in the store last night and checked out a few of their 27's and they felt alot better.
We must have just got a wonky one

kvander

Addicted to Softballfans
My 27 oz didn't feel too heavy at all, and the balance test I did between a 26oz Freak Black and 26oz 2pc Psycho had the Black as more end-loaded.

Squatchzilla

Extra Hitter
So we put around 200 on this thing today and I can say that NOW, I believe.
It's firing missiles, has the normal sound I'm used too, doesn't feel like an iron rod.
I was worried at first.... not anymore. I'm actually surprised how it started out compared to how it is now.