Causes of broken composite bats

LynnSchoeneck

My daughter plays travel fastpitch and has broken multiple composite bats over the past year (many within just a few uses). Some rattle, some wobble. She's not hitting the bats on her cleats and she's being careful not to use it when it's too cold. Most we're Xena. The last was an LXT. We're trying to understand what's happening so we can prevent it from happening with the new bat we're about to buy her. The only idea we have is that some of her practice balls were found behind the high school field so they may be denser. Could that be it? Any other ideas of what could cause a bat to break so quickly?

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Unfortunately manufacturers are producing what is being asked for, instant gratification it's happening with slowpitch bats and I'm sure they are doing the same with fastpitch bats.. people want (a hot bat now) instead of something that takes time to break in and last longer, using old waterlogged balls does not help the situation.

Unfortunately manufacturers are producing what is being asked for, instant gratification it's happening with slowpitch bats and I'm sure they are doing the same with fastpitch bats.. people want (a hot bat now) instead of something that takes time to break in and last longer, using old waterlogged balls does not help the situation.
Unfortunately the wobble situation has been a problem with the xenos and lxt bats for a while now. Most umpires will wrench on the connection joint to make sure they are tight. My daughter swings Demarini to avoid this issue

VictoriaBailey

Unfortunately the wobble situation has been a problem with the xenos and lxt bats for a while now. Most umpires will wrench on the connection joint to make sure they are tight. My daughter swings Demarini to avoid this issue
Yep, similar!

Last edited: