CBS Sports Network showing of the Hall of Fame Classic (TUESDAY 8 PM Eastern)

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Ahh. I thought it was here recent. That's what threw me off. I have always seen him pitch with a mask.

Jomatty

Starting Player
In all the videos I've seen I've never seen him with a mask. I wish I had cbs sports, guess I'll have to wait for the you tube.

djbaldmaninc

Addicted to Softballfans
I was surprised to see the umpires behind homeplate and then the catcher 5 feet behind him. Maybe this is normal positioning for tourneys or the umps just wanted to get closer to the big boys for their autographs.

motormasher21

Addicted to Softballfans
Ahh. I thought it was here recent. That's what threw me off. I have always seen him pitch with a mask.

I believe it was 2009 I think when Dirty was pitching for Johnny Blaze and Sean McDonald was with Dan Smith when he hit Dan in the face. Just one of those terrible things, I would always recommend pitchers to wear a mask. It is not worth having facial reconstruction or major medical bills when it could be avoided by wearing a mask.

WillW3

Starting Player
I'm still shocked nobody went back at Purcell. I don't think Dennis has opened his mouth yet lol

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
after Clark got hit Purcell wore a mask the rest of the tournament.

Man I was wondering why he had a mask on in the winners bracket final saturday night? I never remembered him wearing one before.

So are the games that werent on CBS going to be put online anywhere? Heard the IF game was epic.

Last edited:

AmishFusion

Addicted to Softballfans
Man I was wondering why he had a mask on in the winners bracket final saturday night? I never remembered him wearing one before.

So are the games that werent on CBS going to be put online anywhere? Heard the IF game was epic.

Softballcenter

WillW3

Starting Player
I can't find the if game from Sunday either. And where was Robo during the Backman and SIS game?

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
the losers bracket final and both of the championship games from the second duel belong to CBS Sports. I think i saw somewhere that they will release them to USSSA youtube in a month.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
stellar defense out there:cool:

the duel is physically grueling.

DW help me out here. I can't find the specifics about Racks being on the field for 18 straight hours or Zirkle going 47 miles during the duel last year.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Any chance of getting the announcers to stop with the stupid count starts at 1-1 BS? The count starts at 0-0, it's even stated in the rule book.
The umpire is there to see the pitch, as long as the catcher is in the box they can set up wherever they want. If USSSA ever allowed stealing it would be interesting to see how quickly that would change. I have to set up in front of the catcher in quite a few leagues, either the catcher is scared or lazy.

Youcallthemlogs

Extra Hitter
Was watching the game and saw what everyone was swinging, the torque. A guy on the other Easton team was swinging a sp14l2, no idea why. But my question is, if they are called smash it sports, why does the jersey say ASP Nation? That was never explained. On a side note, my have Helmer and Filby's guts gotten huge.

Im Gloving It

Next on hitlist.
Was watching the game and saw what everyone was swinging, the torque. A guy on the other Easton team was swinging a sp14l2, no idea why. But my question is, if they are called smash it sports, why does the jersey say ASP Nation? That was never explained. On a side note, my have Helmer and Filby's guts gotten huge.

they don't just have one sponsor.

southpaw15

Addicted to Softballfans
Dual

the duel is physically grueling.

DW help me out here. I can't find the specifics about Racks being on the field for 18 straight hours or Zirkle going 47 miles during the duel last year.
We were in fact on the fields for a very long time, our 1st game for the 2nd Dual was at 8AM and we finished out 2:30AM, or somewhere around there. We played 7 games on Saturday/Early Sunday and it was a grind for sure!

Zirkle I think was around 49 miles last year for the weekend with Baugh. Our CF this year I think was 42-43 miles on his FitBit for the weekend while he was playing.

I know a few guys mentioned bats, and there were a few of our guys using last years model L2 and B1. We got our bats a little later than most teams, no fault on Brett or Easton, just the way things worked out. We'll have our bats broken in before Columbus and using all the new bats Easton has been kind enough to send us.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Dan Bean
Racks/Easton #4

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
We were in fact on the fields for a very long time, our 1st game for the 2nd Dual was at 8AM and we finished out 2:30AM, or somewhere around there. We played 7 games on Saturday/Early Sunday and it was a grind for sure!

Zirkle I think was around 49 miles last year for the weekend with Baugh. Our CF this year I think was 42-43 miles on his FitBit for the weekend while he was playing.

I know a few guys mentioned bats, and there were a few of our guys using last years model L2 and B1. We got our bats a little later than most teams, no fault on Brett or Easton, just the way things worked out. We'll have our bats broken in before Columbus and using all the new bats Easton has been kind enough to send us.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Dan Bean
Racks/Easton #4

That is one of the craziest stats ever.:eek:
I'd have to call in sick/sore for a week, at least, to recover:D

alteredzx

Bazinga
This year, I pitched in 5 games and my jawbone had me at 12 miles. That was pitching. You dont realize how much moving around you do till you track it.

tchaos7

Addicted to Softballfans
Any chance of getting the announcers to stop with the stupid count starts at 1-1 BS? The count starts at 0-0, it's even stated in the rule book.
The umpire is there to see the pitch, as long as the catcher is in the box they can set up wherever they want. If USSSA ever allowed stealing it would be interesting to see how quickly that would change. I have to set up in front of the catcher in quite a few leagues, either the catcher is scared or lazy.

Bahaha uh stick your e ball man.