Chest/Ribs Protective Gear for Pitchers

I was wondering if there was any pitchers out there that have found something to wear under their jersey when they pitch to protect the chest, heart, and ribs. I have heard Moto X stuff works pretty well. I.E. chest protectors and Roost Guards.. Any advice?

I have some chainmail that I used when I was younger and into LARPing. It's a little heavy and it leaves a rash on my bare skin but it has stopped multiple shots to my chest/rib area.

I'm not, I was huge into D&D and LARPing as a kid. When I started pitching I took a shot to the chest and figured I should find protection. I was digging through my old crap and found it so I gave it a try. It's been excellent so far and added bonus is it was blessed by my guild's Mage so it has +4 speed, +5 recovery and it repels Ogres.

I've been considering an Evo Shield, but want to see the adult one in person before I do. More about the sizing them anything. Definitely going. Hit up hockey monkey, didn't even think about that. Good looking out easy bay j

I always went with a paintball shirt underneath, plus they make sleeveless ones, so it doesn't feel restrictive to me. EVO and hockey stuff will do the job as well though.

CLEAR11

Addicted to Softballfans
Evo shield

I wear the evo sheild protector when i pitch and it works great..once it's fitted you hardly know it's there

mrl112

Smarter than you're
I wear the evo sheild protector when i pitch and it works great..once it's fitted you hardly know it's there

Does the pad slide into a pocket in the shirt? You remove it every time you wash it? I've seen the Evoshield wrist guards, but never owned of them.

Meskin24

those arent pecks
there is a slit in the shirt that it slides into. I wear it when I pitch and take it out between innings. Its very easy to take in and out of the shirt. You do notice its there, but its not an annoyance when pitching. Does affect the way you pitch at all. This is my 3rd year using it.

Because no pitcher has ever been hit with a glove on his hand. I'll remind my friend from the last tournament that got two fractured rips from a shot up the middle that he should have worn his glove when he was out there.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
Part of the game. Been hit plenty of times. Comes with the territory. Masks at high level ball understandable but I personally don't like wearing one. Anything else use a glove or take your dings. At the point where I fear getting hit with the ball I'm moving to catcher. Pitcher on our team started wearing all the gear and cant swing a bat no more. Basically a designated pitcher. Pisses me off

Part of the game. Been hit plenty of times. Comes with the territory. Masks at high level ball understandable but I personally don't like wearing one. Anything else use a glove or take your dings. At the point where I fear getting hit with the ball I'm moving to catcher. Pitcher on our team started wearing all the gear and cant swing a bat no more. Basically a designated pitcher. Pisses me off

That was kind of the point of the thread. I was looking for something with a little added protection that could protect my ribs/heart (in case the glove doesn't get to it in time) but not hinder swinging/playing the game normally.

But no shame in wearing helmets/padding. I'd rather get hit in a helmet or shin guard compared to breaking a bone, take a line drive to the face, or fracturing a rib.