Cleaning a gray glove

defos

I have a gray and black ProPreferred that needs a good deep cleaning. The gray isn't really gray anymore. Doesn't need to look new, but I'd like it to look better than it does now. What do you recommend for cleaning a gray, or other light colored, glove. I just tried some Lexol in the orange bottle on a couple of places. That might work, but is there something better for gray leather?

FWIW, it was like this when I bought it.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a gray and black ProPreferred that needs a good deep cleaning. The gray isn't really gray anymore. Doesn't need to look new, but I'd like it to look better than it does now. What do you recommend for cleaning a gray, or other light colored, glove. I just tried some Lexol in the orange bottle on a couple of places. That might work, but is there something better for gray leather?

FWIW, it was like this when I bought it.
Post pics.

But you can try to find some Glovolium Glove Balm. I haven't placed my order yet but was going to get some to try. People are always looking for non-darkening conditioner.

IMG_5511.JPG

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Lexol cleaner solution with warm water to clean.
Voodoo Blend conditioner (probably similar to the balm above) to condition.

defos

Once the spots where I tried the Lexol dried, they look really good. Almost bleached out, but conditioner will probably darken it slightly and give it a nice color. I thought I had tried Lexol on it last year, but it must have been something else that didn't work. Anytime you put something damp on a light colored glove, it's a little worrisome because it's dark until the glove dries.

Not sure why, but I bought a twin to this glove on ebay last night. Actually I do know why - I can't pass up a deal when someone lists a PP at the price of a regular glove and doesn't say it's a ProPreferred, or list the model #. In this case, with the inside (pocket) of the glove being black and the silver lettering worn off, I had to look close to see the model #. Last year I snapped up a nearly new PP 1st base mitt that was listed as a Gold Glove Elite. The PP palm stamp was clearly visible in the pics. This latest buy looks to be the same shade of dirty as this one, so I should know what works by the time I get them both cleaned! I'll try to post some before and after pics that might help the next guy.