Clear Sunglasses

RickN

The appear to be like normal sunglasses except the lenses have no tint; they are perfectly clear. I can't figure out if people are wearing these mostly for fashion purposes or if they have an actual function. The only two reasons I can think of that these players would be wearing these glasses is either (1) for eye protection, or (2) the glasses have corrective lenses for nearsighted players. Of course, if they are just being used as athletic-style eyeglasses, then I can't think of a reason why the players wouldn't just use contact lenses. But in any event, does anyone know the reason why players wear these?

Last edited:

Slim45

I have a pair of interchangeable sunglasses that have a clear lens that I use quite often. I were contacts when I play and when I don't wear sunglasses my eyes feel like crap from all the dust at the fields. The clear lenses help a lot with that when playing the night games or even if it's a really cloudy day.

blakcherry329

Clear sunglasses? Is that like jumbo shrimp? Oxymoron. Would they be called "sunglasses" if they don't block the sun?;)
But I digress...I wear sunglasses to block the sun and block the wind. My eyes tear very easily, so I always wear some sort of glasses when I play, day or night. Yellow at night makes everything more vibrant, imo. I have amber safety glasses that I wear at night. I like the safety glasses because they usually have gaskets around the lenses to block the wind.