cold weather socks and gloves?

heycal

Any recommendations for good socks to wear in the cold? And any gloves? Either to throw with and/or wear on my hand under my mitt.

Committed

There is a Frost Gear throwing glove specifically for softball. Haven’t used it specifically but I have teammates that swear by the stuff.

stang7222

Addicted to Softballfans
I played with a guy that would wear a latex glove under his batting glove on his glove hand. He swore it kept that hand warm while he could stick his throwing hand in his pocket. Never tried it myself.

blakcherry329

There is a Frost Gear throwing glove specifically for softball. Haven’t used it specifically but I have teammates that swear by the stuff.
I have one. They are pretty good. I can actually pitch with it on. I just use it to warm up, however. Can't throw a knuckleball with a glove on. lol

I can tell you what not to wear Boombah turfs, the mesh ones. lol Made that mistake last weekend. Yikes.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wool socks are the best. They're warm and such sweat really well. My favorites are some cushioned ****ies work socks, but there are plenty of good options.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
I'd just go with a little whisky, or whatever booze you prefer to shoot. If it's good enough for snowmachining in the Alaskan backcountry, it's probably good enough for whatever "frozen" league you're playing.