For Sale Combat Mike Macenko Senior Gear 34/28

hurkeynuts

I like big Butts
09 Senior Gear Mike Macenko 13" Barrel 34/28. Found out one of my u-trip leagues switched to asa. selling this bat because of it. It has some end cap separation on one side, some signs of webbing, and one small paint crack as shown in pictures. Overall the bat is in excellent condition. I called Combat to find out about the end cap. They said that if the cap does happen to come out, to use marine grade 2-part epoxy to fix it. Price is 120$ gift or add% to pay as goods.

mm1io.jpg

mm2be.jpg

mm3x.jpg

mm5gf.jpg

mm4o.jpg

Last edited:

hurkeynuts

I like big Butts
i decided to keep it. i'm going to boil it, get the cap out as far as possible, put epoxy on it, and swing it til it breaks.

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
i decided to keep it. i'm going to boil it, get the cap out as far as possible, put epoxy on it, and swing it til it breaks.

You make great pics for your sale ad - kudos to you! The crack would be a bigger concern than the endcap, like the wise one above alludes to. But, if you choose to remove and re-install the endcap, 2-part epoxy is the wrong stuff to use. All readily available 2-parts set up too brittle. Combat recommends 3M 5200 Marine Adhesive, which is a real gooey silicone RTV that takes 7 days to cure. ;)

hurkeynuts

I like big Butts
got the cap out today. i can say the bat isn't shaved, thankfully. traded for this from a character at the local field. used the epoxy i was told my combat to use but i also ordered that 3m 5200 marine stuff you guys said to use. so if this epoxy doesn't work, i will try the other stuff. epoxy needs to cure for 24 hours.

mm90m.jpg

mm91.jpg

hurkeynuts

I like big Butts
you guys really think that paint crack or more than just a paint crack? i have had many paint cracks with seniors and they last well over 200 hits longer.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
I have been through about 8 of those yellow MM bats and I am on my 2nd new blue MM and your bat will not last a whole lot longer.

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
exactly what epoxy did you use? Brand/part number? Did you save the sheet/carboard/whatever you used to mix it on for a sample to see how it's curing? If so, bend the sheet and if the epoxy cracks, it ain't gonna hold - too brittle.
I used 2 different epoxys on my daughter's Virus FP, one an industrial grade recommended by a mechnaical engineer, and the endcap held for not even 3 hits. Then I called Combat and spoke to George.
Combat has been recommending using 3M 5200 for several years. It's what I finally used on my daughter's Virus FP and on several senior combats since, including my og blue Original Da Bomb. My blue Original is still going strong 2 years later.
Combats do get "paint cracks" but the good kind always run in a straight line length-ways the barrel.
Again, props to you for showing a clear picture of the area of most concern. I wish all who sell bats would do the same. Would certainly cut down on the number NGTG posts in the feedback section!

hurkeynuts

I like big Butts
well, the cap stayed on for 20 hits. whoever wants this bat can have it for 100$ gift. pm me if you have any interest.