combat portent G3 ASA

yance

Addicted to Softballfans
I see where some sights are almost giving the Combat Portent ASA away. Are they any good? How do they compare to a Demarini juggy ?

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I've read plenty of feedback saying it is a very good bat once broken in..

Personally I doubt it compares to the juggy but I'm only speculating as I've not had the opportunity to try one and I swing demarini exclusively.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
The red one was excellent if you like balanced bats. I'm not really sure about the G3 but I've heard good things. Keep in mind, it's a very balanced bat so it will feel different from a Juggy

The Juggy is absolutely the more popular option between the two but Combat still makes a great bat. Unfortunately, Combat did just go out of business which is why I believe a lot of sites are almost giving them away. All Combat models no longer come with a manufacturer's warranty.

Completely untrue. Why does Justbats.com say a 12-month warranty? All Combats still have a warranty that will be honored by Easton. If you call the returns line on the Combat page it goes directly to Easton - all you need is the receipt. Go buy a cheap Combat right now and get a 2017 Easton in a couple of months. Want a new Flex? Go buy a Combat right now and find your favorite tree :)

Last edited:
The Combat models that are sold on JustBats.com still feature a 12-month warranty in the features section because we are handling all Combat warranties in house. We apologize for our incorrect information in our previous comment. You are correct in stating that Easton is handling Combat warranties as well for the time being.

What do you mean in house? You're going to give a return for a broken bat? Why not just let Easton handle it?

brhnz

Bombs .. Bombs Everywhere !
Kellys ... G
what sites are providing these deep discounts?

Kellys, G3 has I " think " the older style PED before they fixed the center rivet rattle issue they had, I have had several and they all get the buzz rattle pretty quick. Disclaimer: I play FP with them

UncleMosk

Just took some cuts with a 28oz I've had in the shed. Still in wrapper and hit some of tee yesterday in around 75 degrees with some humidity. Balls were a mix of 52 and some 44's. Hit against some other bats looking to get into gamer bag.

Portent ASA (white,grey orange)G3 28 Oz
Nighthawk Robo 28 oz (alternate with 4th bat in bag)
Daisy Cutter 28 oz
Anarchy Viper 28 oz
2016 Flipper 28 oz

Either I was off or combo heat, balls in pickup bed all day held back some of the performance. Of these bats only the Portent and the Nighthawk placed over fence. Pic attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190528-133205_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190528-133205_Gallery.jpg
    644.1 KB · Views: 19

Matth

Just took some cuts with a 28oz I've had in the shed. Still in wrapper and hit some of tee yesterday in around 75 degrees with some humidity. Balls were a mix of 52 and some 44's. Hit against some other bats looking to get into gamer bag.

Portent ASA (white,grey orange)G3 28 Oz
Nighthawk Robo 28 oz (alternate with 4th bat in bag)
Daisy Cutter 28 oz
Anarchy Viper 28 oz
2016 Flipper 28 oz

Either I was off or combo heat, balls in pickup bed all day held back some of the performance. Of these bats only the Portent and the Nighthawk placed over fence. Pic attached.
That portent has pop. I never felt it was the smoothest bat to swing, but it could wallop the ball. Just like you though, I’m not sure how it outhit the Flipper which destroy’s the ball, or the Anarchy and Monsta. Maybe you just had the best swings for the Combat and Mizuno.

UncleMosk

That portent has pop. I never felt it was the smoothest bat to swing, but it could wallop the ball. Just like you though, I’m not sure how it outhit the Flipper which destroy’s the ball, or the Anarchy and Monsta. Maybe you just had the best swings for the Combat and Mizuno.
Both Viper and DC will open up for sure and perform better for me in time, both have maybe about 50 to 100 hits each. The Mizuno is a pleasant surprise and has time and again given me the best distance on tee work once it hit the 400 hit mark or so.

As for in wrapper the Portent out of the gate had that Combat crack. Will look to update after more swings on each.

UncleMosk

Both Viper and DC will open up for sure and perform better for me in time, both have maybe about 50 to 100 hits each. The Mizuno is a pleasant surprise and has time and again given me the best distance on tee work once it hit the 400 hit mark or so.

As for in wrapper the Portent out of the gate had that Combat crack. Will look to update after more swings on each.

Took another 10 to 15 on the Portent and some others. As predicted the DC is starting to show life and can feel the walls flex against the fib.

Portent held it's own with The Combat Crack 2nd to none.

Might use it on Friday night with some game swings.

All in all for less than $100 new highly recommend finding one. Screenshot_20190604-182927_Gallery.jpg