Combat return question

mkimmer

COMbatant
I called the USA office. They originally had me down as getting a Kirby Bomb Squad, but I told them that I don't want one and that they are crap. They then said they had the 2016 Helmer Flex available and they said I could get that one. I was surprised that they gave me the 2017 Wegman. I would keep it, but I like 2 piece bats more......

mkimmer

COMbatant
When I returned my PTE, I got the Kirby, so I got rid of it. I actually got a worse bat than what I sent in. The PTE was FIRE!

Squatchzilla

Extra Hitter
Maybe Ill call the office again and tell them the same.. Id love to get a wegman back lol..
Im not the biggest fan of the PTE to be honest. I dont know why, we just dont get along. STarting to web up has one huge paint seam down one side and feeling a bit mushy right now. Didnt know if I wanted to get rid of it or keep it till she blows....

Last edited:

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i didn't even have to ask. she just said 17 Helmer would be my return and it was. weight may play into it. glad i bought 3 PTEs for myself and another for the wife. they are awesome

mkimmer

COMbatant
i didn't even have to ask. she just said 17 Helmer would be my return and it was. weight may play into it. glad i bought 3 PTEs for myself and another for the wife. they are awesome

Yes they are worth it escpecially if you can find them for cheap. Mine was an absolute blast to hit. Swung a little heavy to me, but up until it busted, I was hitting it all over the field.

lexx82

Called the US office today in regards to my broken Guilt 2 and the guy said my replacement would be the new green Helmer Flex.

Squatchzilla

Extra Hitter
the lady I spoke with was actually really reasonable. Discussed a few bats with her and she had no problem offering up the '17 Helmer... even said the Baker and Wegman were options

Dupe19

Addicted to Softballfans
My 27oz '17 Baker is great. Surprised me with a couple of effortless HRs after about 100 cage swings.

I just got in my '17 Wegman. Only put 20 swings on it but it also feels really nice. Just a small sweet spot to start.

I had sent in 2 broken Assault G5 1pc bats and I got the 27 Wegman and I'm supposed to get a 26.5 green Helmer but I called last week and was told the 26.5 green Helmers were on back order for ~4 weeks?? Anyone else have this issue? It's almost like they are forcing me to pick another bat. Now when I call I can't even get through to a CS rep cause I'm always on hold.

ZacJohann

Sent in a '15 chris greinert utrip(turd(actually...that's disrespectful to turds...)) and am getting back a '17 Wegman. Took almost 45 minutes from the time I dialed the number til the time I hung up but it got done.

mkimmer

COMbatant
Yes, I got the 17 Wegs. When did you send yours in? I just called today and I am getting the 17 Baker back for my busted Legends Plague.

ZacJohann

Did you get a 17 Wegman?

I sent mine in and got a 16' :mad:
ASA or USSSA and what weight? The guy I spoke with told me I would be getting back a 17 Wegman. My return should be to them Monday. I'm not sure what the turn around time is but if they send me a 16 then I feel bad for whoever answers my phone call. Haha

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
ASA or USSSA and what weight? The guy I spoke with told me I would be getting back a 17 Wegman. My return should be to them Monday. I'm not sure what the turn around time is but if they send me a 16 then I feel bad for whoever answers my phone call. Haha

I sent a Wegman in though...i guess i wasn't charismatic enough to get a 17'

Jusrah99

I've been called many things in my life...never charismatic though. I'm assuming weight and association factors in. I'm getting(allegedly) a 26oz utrip.

A few other guys on here seem to be getting the 17', maybe i should call in and ask for a Flex bat...

Dupe19

Addicted to Softballfans
A few other guys on here seem to be getting the 17', maybe i should call in and ask for a Flex bat...

They probably just had 28oz 2016 Wegmans left, but they're out of 2016 26/27oz Wegmans.

When I sent in my 28oz 2015 Baker I was told I'd get a 28oz 2016 Baker, I said 28oz was too much, can I get 27oz? They said yea, 27oz 2016 Baker. I reluctantly said ok and a 2017 27oz Baker showed up.

Squatchzilla

Extra Hitter
they said its based on the weight and availability.. I sent in a 27.5 PTE and the only thing they had in 27.5 was the new Helmer. They said if I didnt want the Hlemer then a WEg or Baker could be substituted at 27 oz. I think they implied that it MAY OR MAY NOT be the current yr bat depending on stock of the '16s which they would get rid of first.

ZacJohann

What have y'all noticed as far as turn around time goes on the warranty process? They received mine Monday. I don't want to call and bother but I would like to know if an expensive package is going to be sitting at my door step while I'm at work. They said they don't send any type of notifications stating that they have sent the replacement which seems odd to me.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
mine was exactly one week. sent it on a Friday, assume they got it Monday, was on my doorstep Friday. i know they're taking a little longer but Dupe19 got his green Helmer the other day so it should be moving along again

ZacJohann

Just got off the phone with them. Shipped out today. Tracking says I'll have it Wed. Basically 1 1/2 weeks from when I shipped it. Not bad at all.

tonys1

I have a combat I'm getting ready to return but was curious about what they were giving back in return. I've heard some people are getting Eastons back. I don't mind Easton at all just would like to pick the Easton in return. If anyone has done a return recently I would like to know what you received or asked for in return. Thank you for your time

My beloved 2016 dual stamp Greinert started to rattle after some BP on Monday. Called the Combat number on their site, got redirected to Easton and was offered either a 2016 Easton Bomb Squad dual stamp or a 2017 Easton Helmer. Jumped all over the Helmer they offered me, went a lot smoother than I expected and I was really impressed!

Jusrah99

They probably just had 28oz 2016 Wegmans left, but they're out of 2016 26/27oz Wegmans.

When I sent in my 28oz 2015 Baker I was told I'd get a 28oz 2016 Baker, I said 28oz was too much, can I get 27oz? They said yea, 27oz 2016 Baker. I reluctantly said ok and a 2017 27oz Baker showed up.

I called in and said that i was told i would get a Flex bat, the rep was awesome! Sent me a return label and shipped the 17' Baker the next day...which was at my door 2 days later...can't wait to swing it!

LiquidMetal

Addicted to Softballfans
I know this is an old post. However, I have to Legend's PTE. I just called to find out what I would get as my receipt runs out at the end of Nov. They said it would be the Helmer. I may have to get these returned. However, I dont know much about the Helmer.

Party mafia

I called in and said that i was told i would get a Flex bat, the rep was awesome! Sent me a return label and shipped the 17' Baker the next day...which was at my door 2 days later...can't wait to swing it!
Do you have to send a picture of your cracked combat to Easton as proof?