Combatants say your randoms part 8

whogotz

dilligaf?
damn near a done deal - the don is about to be semi-retired.
monday night league night champs - trophy reclaimed
friday night league night title defense going well

all kinds of BS concerning tournament ball - so i am focusing on the big events (states, NITs, and just one worlds)

so....may as well say it now - everything must go!

even going to consider selling this glove i got from a board member (maybe it was shep?)

picture.php

whogotz

dilligaf?
even willing to part ways with my first true combat love - blue supreme aka big bad blue aka old reliable aka make me look like i know what i am doing

picture.php

whogotz

dilligaf?
AV is on the market also - other than for nostalgia or to see if she will finally blow in BP - she is just sitting there

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
damn near a done deal - the don is about to be semi-retired.
monday night league night champs - trophy reclaimed
friday night league night title defense going well

all kinds of BS concerning tournament ball - so i am focusing on the big events (states, NITs, and just one worlds)

so....may as well say it now - everything must go!

even going to consider selling this glove i got from a board member (maybe it was shep?)

picture.php

Still wish this were a lefty. I almost bought it just cuz I like it.

worthy579

Addicted to Softballfans
Anybody have any luck getting combat to help with a broke disc on an out of strange bat? Going to call tomorrow about my 13 DBA because I just found out I'm going to playing some Asa tourneys and I haven't found an Asa that fit my swing better than that ever.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
even willing to part ways with my first true combat love - blue supreme aka big bad blue aka old reliable aka make me look like i know what i am doing

picture.php

That was my first true Combat love, too, lol. The OGAV is what my entry drug into Combatlandia.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
The most action this thread has seen in a year, that's what.

Ain't that the truth. This thread...this subforum...dead.

I remember when February/March rolled around, I was in the Combat forum and on SBF all the time. Now...I might come to SBF once a week or so, if that. Hard to believe I've been a member of SBF for almost 7 years now, lol.

brhnz

Bombs .. Bombs Everywhere !
Ain't that the truth. This thread...this subforum...dead.

I remember when February/March rolled around, I was in the Combat forum and on SBF all the time. Now...I might come to SBF once a week or so, if that. Hard to believe I've been a member of SBF for almost 7 years now, lol.

Its the youth of today and that BookFace thing ... its killing the Interweb .

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Its the youth of today and that BookFace thing ... its killing the Interweb .

Not the case with me. I'm a member of a couple of Combat FB groups, but I rarely go to them even. I stopped going to the OSPB because it's just the same thing over and over, and the dbags run rampant there. I guess part of the reason I stopped coming around as much is because so many of the Combatants bailed, slowing this forum down to a crawl...so not as many threads/posts/conversations as there used to be.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Not the case with me. I'm a member of a couple of Combat FB groups, but I rarely go to them even. I stopped going to the OSPB because it's just the same thing over and over, and the dbags run rampant there. I guess part of the reason I stopped coming around as much is because so many of the Combatants bailed, slowing this forum down to a crawl...so not as many threads/posts/conversations as there used to be.

Agreed Cory. All of my friends that I used to talk softball with on here are now my IRL friends as well, so we stay in touch frequently via other means. I have no real need to come here. If I have a question about Combat, I just message a rep, player, or Coop on FB or via email. Or heck, call them.

The only reason I come here anymore is to report posts and make fun of people. Oh, and the ND thread to keep in touch with my local ballers. :cool:

AV Bump...

:D

Tomj2345

aka...TOM A.V.
That was my first true Combat love, too, lol. The OGAV is what my entry drug into Combatlandia.

Mine to...I still have the 1st one I bought off the board from Yatzelogoz for $100...It has 8K swings on it and I only use it as a slump buster. I have bought/ sold/broke etc over 250 AV's. Still buying them for cheap if they have no rattle or cracks. Gamer is the Bryce ASA Wanted now.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
My first AV was off the board here as well. :) I remember PM'ing you Tom, looking for a 30oz as they were tough to come by. I still have my first AV. It's got well over 2K hits and is pretty much a decoration now.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
its the same old questions asked one thousands different ways...

the hype of all other manufacturers, and nobody will give a combat a chance over others that are lately some of the GOATs (of this era)

if they could reproduce the awesomeness that is the 2013 orange asa db they could get back into things a bit

Tomj2345

aka...TOM A.V.
My first AV was off the board here as well. :) I remember PM'ing you Tom, looking for a 30oz as they were tough to come by. I still have my first AV. It's got well over 2K hits and is pretty much a decoration now.

I have a 26EL (7K swings) that I can no longer use in games as it is a rain stick but still no cracks...I use it in BP or the batting cages...It just won't die. I have 10 or so busted AV's in a corner of my office...most are in 2pcs...Ahhh the good ole days

lx_2nv

Coach
SO I have been doing a little research. Everyone knows my love affair on the Guilt - but word on the street is my ASA is going to strict ASA only bats next year :/. I had asked before if there was anything comparable to the Guilt in ASA to which I got a no. But I say that a lot of the Guilt tech is also in the Rogo - and they have an all stamp bat. While I am an endloaded guy - if this is true I may have to give her a whirl. Anyone have any experience?

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Had a 13DBA tossed in league the other day because of a rattling disc. He was the first ump to ever toss either of my rattling DBAs, and he allowed them last year. Not really sure why he decided to start it this year. Maybe the ump association told them to start or something.

JJensen22

Extra Hitter
Bought my first Combat because it was cheap with the intent of it being a cold weather bat..... probably replacing CL22 as gamer.....