Combatants say your randoms Part 9

J2009

Boom !!!!!
Love the combatant15 utrip I had. Sadly it blew up last fall and im down to an antivirus and a plague
best combats : plague and og combatant, og gear supremacy, after the yellow derby boys i just didnt like any after and i couldnt get one to last 200 swings. but those plagues was a bad bad *****.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
unloading these...... both NIW. Team Combat still has valid receipt
yam1GVk.jpg

obdeA3M.jpg

defos

I almost sold my blue and pink Chris Greinert multi-association Team Combat 4 or 5 times. Glad I didn't. I've been using it almost exclusively lately and really liking it.

Normy

I almost sold my blue and pink Chris Greinert multi-association Team Combat 4 or 5 times. Glad I didn't. I've been using it almost exclusively lately and really liking it.
That's one Combat I've never swung. 52's?

defos

Yes, hitting .52s. It's supposedly 28.5 oz, so I expected/hoped it would be even more endloaded than the Portent G3, but it's just a little less endloaded. It's a 1-piece, but has a slight bit of flex, which is what bothered me about it. I'm obviously getting used to it. It's fine as long as I don't hit toward the end of the barrel.

Normy

Yes, hitting .52s. It's supposedly 28.5 oz, so I expected/hoped it would be even more endloaded than the Portent G3, but it's just a little less endloaded. It's a 1-piece, but has a slight bit of flex, which is what bothered me about it. I'm obviously getting used to it. It's fine as long as I don't hit toward the end of the barrel.
I had 2 ASA Portent G3's. Both 27oz. One felt mid loaded. while the other was a sledgehammer. I think all the Greinert's were listed as slightly end loaded. Usually depended on what shift made the bats and how many washers they had laying around lol.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I gotta say, the OG AV still smashes the .52. It's weird at first since most of the other bats on the market have a lot of feedback on contact and the OG AV is so buttery soft

Theseaduck

The Veteran
anybody have one and their opinons
I'd like to hear [GALLERY=media, 32099]Avarice02_zpshlzszzyj by Theseaduck posted Dec 6, 2018 at 9:04 AM[/GALLERY]
I am not new to loving combat but I dont go all the way back to OG plague and gear supremacy days

sleepin4matty

Management Material
anybody have one and their opinons
I'd like to hear [GALLERY=media, 32099]Avarice02_zpshlzszzyj by Theseaduck posted Dec 6, 2018 at 9:04 AM[/GALLERY]
I am not new to loving combat but I dont go all the way back to OG plague and gear supremacy days
i don't play utrip, what bat is that?

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
my miken platinum popped this past weekend so i pulled out the PTE for the second half of the tournament. still so much goodness in it

_brudy

What weight Extinction? The 25.5 was pretty balanced while the 26.5 was a sledgehammer. Mine anyway. The 27 oz G5 is less endloaded than 26.5 Extinction I had.
hey Normy, hate to bring up a dead thread but I got a question about the Extinction. Kinda hard to find info since its an exclusive .But you're talking about the ASA model right? Is it a repaint of something I can find info on? I used to swing a 27oz end loaded SuperZ which is about an ounce would the 26.5 be comparable? It would be my first 26oz bat, so I was hoing to get somethng with a nice pronounced weigh on the end. Also, I found one on the jungle store for $90 with return, is that a good deal?

Normy

No dead thread here. Yeah, $90 is a good deal. I'd say the 26.5 has more like a 1.5 oz end load if they're all like the one I had.

_brudy

No dead thread here. Yeah, $90 is a good deal. I'd say the 26.5 has more like a 1.5 oz end load if they're all like the one I had.
dang. Im really interested in this bat. I'm looking for something to replace my only bat and the fact that it comes with an Easton return (right?) is a huge plus. Did/do you game your ASA Extinction, did it take a lot to open up? I have a feeling if I buy this bat, it would get used by afew people on my team.

Normy

dang. Im really interested in this bat. I'm looking for something to replace my only bat and the fact that it comes with an Easton return (right?) is a huge plus. Did/do you game your ASA Extinction, did it take a lot to open up? I have a feeling if I buy this bat, it would get used by afew people on my team.
A kid on my team liked it so much, I gave it to him. I had that years Derby Boys that I liked a little better. Same performance, just felt like the DB had a bigger sweet spot. As far as break in, about 100 swings and it's ready to go. That same kid still has the Extinction. The disc blew in it and he replaced the end cap. Still passes compression and is just ridiculous now.

_brudy

you have any experience with the white and yellow Rogos that are also exclusives to the dinosaur shop? I may have an oppty to pick one up NIW no return for $60.

Normy

you have any experience with the white and yellow Rogos that are also exclusives to the dinosaur shop? I may have an oppty to pick one up NIW no return for $60.
No but have heard a few guys on here that really like the Rogo.

Normy

I've actually downsized my Combat collection. Down to a 15 Derby Boys and a 15 Avarice G5. You can still buy the Avarice G5 on the bay for around $120. Takes a little more break in than the 16's but a great bat once it's there.