Coming out of retirement. Older, Fatter, Slower, Weaker and have questions...

Calli4120

ASA Free Since 05
I retired from playing to coach baseball, but now that my son is older and has moved on to other things I am wanting to put the cleats back on.

I last played in 2015 and was swinging a 26oz Demarini USA Aftermath that I absolutely loved. Can that bat still hang with the newer stuff or are there better options I should be looking at picking up? (I haven't kept up on bat rules so I don't even know if it still legal at this point)

I have been around since 2005 so I have seen different brands peak at different times and also seen those brands go through periods of their bats being tanks to breaking with dry swings.

What are the top top brands for quality and durability these days?

Calli4120

ASA Free Since 05
That 2015 Aftermath is as hot as anything you can buy today. If you still have it, keep it for game swings only, because the newer Demarini stuff isn’t anywhere close to being as good.

Good to know on the newer Demarini's. Since I loved this one so much, I might have started looking at the newer ones.

The Aftermath is still in great shape and when I last swung it it was hot.

smoke

50AAA USA National Champs
I know 50+ senior ball you can play with teams that are in a different state as long as it’s adjoining to your state
SMOKE

GPJ

One of my teammates has a 2015 Aftermath that I used for the first time this past weekend. That thing is ridiculously hot. I had a 2016 Flipper as well that I loved - the bats from that era were great. Just keep swinging your Aftermath.

dunno

Some new guys we play with watch us hit hard shots and ask to borrow our bats and believe that the sticks are the magic wand.
Somethimes they don't even ask..

We are reserved in telling them the stuff we use has been carefully researched, broken in expensive sometimes rare. They probably don't want to hear about the hours of bp and games it takes to get play ready lol.