Conference USSSA Schedule 2022

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
258601650_5135356623143211_7566781828018635144_n.jpg

@TWmccoy No Loveland this year, it's gone along with Oklahoma, Houston, Atlanta, Minneapolis and Little Rock. Added were a second DC, second Chicago, Detroit and Palm Springs.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I saw that. I'm a little miffed. I won't call Loveland a "premier" event, but it was still a fairly large tourny. I heard from some local players that the tourny wasn't well received among traveling teams, and that there were problems with bat testing.

I'm surprised Oklahoma's gone too. That's not a bad place to play. Really shocked Houston's gone. Wasn't that a huge event for years?

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I saw that. I'm a little miffed. I won't call Loveland a "premier" event, but it was still a fairly large tourny. I heard from some local players that the tourny wasn't well received among traveling teams, and that there were problems with bat testing.

I'm surprised Oklahoma's gone too. That's not a bad place to play. Really shocked Houston's gone. Wasn't that a huge event for years?
Houston was a shock when I realized it. That part of Texas is huge for USSSA, only thing I can figure is they are limited because it's a BLD. The new park in Dallas is amazing, but still, Texas is too big to only have one Conference event. Especially when you look at DC getting two and Chicago getting two, I don't know how much USSSA is played in DC, but there is no USSSA left in Chicago, you've got to go to St. Louis or Minneapolis to find any. 3 duals in five weeks late in the season too.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I don't play a ton of conference softball, so I don't know exactly what goes into choosing locations and venues. All the places I've played conference events before aren't on the schedule anymore (Houston, Mansfield, Tulsa, CO).

CO needs their conference event back, but it needs to be held at Aurora Sports Park rather than Loveland. I'm not sure if you're familiar with ASP, but it's like 20 minutes from the airport, and has 12 320' fields, which are the nicest in CO. The conference event used to be there, but ASP has decided in recent years that they would rather host youth events. Loveland isn't quite a nice enough facility to have conference events at.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I've never been there, but I think I've seen the complex from the highway when driving around.
Distance from the airport, quality of the complex and lack of top teams would be my guess. Looking at last year, only 3 A teams and 7 Conference teams total. Same reason Tulsa is gone.
Complexes choosing youth baseball and fastpitch is a big problem with many of the nicer facilities nationwide. And many don't want to deal the drunks that come with a top end Conference event.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are they going to keep coming to Wegmans park in Cincy now that he's retired?

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Are they going to keep coming to Wegmans park in Cincy now that he's retired?
I would pretty much guarantee it. I was told Helmer also owns part of it, the National Director of Officials runs it and they have a second park with six more fields a couple miles down the road. Where else in the Tri-state would be able to host it? And that wants it?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's what I figured. I always hoped Helmer would bring some usa here. Isn't he a director in that or something too.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
He's the coach of the National Team but I don't think he holds any office with them like he does with USSSA. I wouldn't think either organization would be too happy with that if he were.