Jmm22

I have been playing Slowpitch for awhile now, but am just recently starting to get more serious about it. I’ve always been able to place the ball anywhere on the field, but am now trying to swing for power. I find myself hitting 275-295 consistently, but can’t get the extra distance need to get over the 300ft fence.

What tips do you guys have for me to get some more distance or pop?

longball101

Part Time Player
You need to look up some swing makeover videos on you tube. You have a lot of mechanical errors in your swing...dropping your back shoulder and swinging all arms to begin with. With that swing you get a lot of weak pop ups from undercutting(upper-cut swing) and/or lots of weak ground balls from rolling over your wrists and hitting the top of the ball

Jmm22

You need to look up some swing makeover videos on you tube. You have a lot of mechanical errors in your swing...dropping your back shoulder and swinging all arms to begin with. With that swing you get a lot of weak pop ups from undercutting(upper-cut swing) and/or lots of weak ground balls from rolling over your wrists and hitting the top of the ball

Thank you for input, I will have to go watch some of those videos for sure. I do see a lot of pop ups, so I’ll try to work on that.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
It’s the off season. Perfect time to overhaul your swing. I’d start at the bottom and work my way up, personally.

You build appears very athletic and limber. You are definitely getting plenty of rotation out of the top half of your body. You’re losing a ton of power from your lower half IMO. There’s no drive off of your back foot. Your hips come about 3/4 of the way open then stop. Ken has a lot of good videos on getting your lower half incorporated into your swing.

A couple of cues I like to use are keep my back shoulder and back hip together when I rotate into my swing. Another that has really helped myself and a few others out came from Ken as well. Envision using your bottom hand to throw a frisbee as flat and hard as you can from your batting stance. You’re not going to just drag your bottom hand around and fling it using nothing but your arm. You’re going to reach back with everything you’ve got and put your entire body into it when you throw it. Same concept with a bat. Reaching back is your load up and keeping throwing it as flat and as far as you can is your drive through the zone with a good swing plane.

However you decide to tackle it, make one change at a time and stick with it for a few rounds before you make another. Make too many changes at once and you won’t know what’s hurting or helping.

Finally, take your dang time! Get yourself into a set and ready position before you take your swing. You’re starting your swing and you don’t even have your hands up and ready yet.

Hope this helps, good luck on your swing man!

tonys1

With no intention to be mean, I'm surprised you even hit 275 with that swing.

I see:

- no hips in your swing
- no separation
- very short swing
- you are firing your shoulders open

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Your tee isn't far enough out in front of you. If you hit balls that far back in the zone it's to push. The way you're approaching it would produce weakly hit balls.
Your first had movement is down and you lose your load.
Looks like you're casting a bit and not a lot of top hand.
Your weight never gets to your front foot.

Jmm22

It’s the off season. Perfect time to overhaul your swing. I’d start at the bottom and work my way up, personally.

You build appears very athletic and limber. You are definitely getting plenty of rotation out of the top half of your body. You’re losing a ton of power from your lower half IMO. There’s no drive off of your back foot. Your hips come about 3/4 of the way open then stop. Ken has a lot of good videos on getting your lower half incorporated into your swing.

A couple of cues I like to use are keep my back shoulder and back hip together when I rotate into my swing. Another that has really helped myself and a few others out came from Ken as well. Envision using your bottom hand to throw a frisbee as flat and hard as you can from your batting stance. You’re not going to just drag your bottom hand around and fling it using nothing but your arm. You’re going to reach back with everything you’ve got and put your entire body into it when you throw it. Same concept with a bat. Reaching back is your load up and keeping throwing it as flat and as far as you can is your drive through the zone with a good swing plane.

However you decide to tackle it, make one change at a time and stick with it for a few rounds before you make another. Make too many changes at once and you won’t know what’s hurting or helping.

Finally, take your dang time! Get yourself into a set and ready position before you take your swing. You’re starting your swing and you don’t even have your hands up and ready yet.

Hope this helps, good luck on your swing man!

Your tee isn't far enough out in front of you. If you hit balls that far back in the zone it's to push. The way you're approaching it would produce weakly hit balls.
Your first had movement is down and you lose your load.
Looks like you're casting a bit and not a lot of top hand.
Your weight never gets to your front foot.

Thank you for the pointers. I realized this weekend I am trying to fix too many piece at once, so I am focusing on one thing at a time now.