Custom a2000 SP135

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
I ordered a all black custom super skin a2000 sp135 on March 1st, and received it yesterday.

My initial concerns about the 135 where the weight, and the size of the handstall. Being such a big glove, I went with the super skin because I didn't want a heavy glove. The handstall I just figured I'd be punching a hole in and tightening up the handstall one loop.

When I received the glove yesterday I was very happy about the weight of the glove. I don't have a scale but it is very light for its size. The thumb and pinky inserts are extremely stiff, and the double lacing across the fingers will keep the glove with a nice shape. The custom Wilson leather is always top notch, so I won't bother getting into that. What I was surprised about was the hand stall. Although it is 6 loops, the hand stall somehow is extremely tight. I can't figure out what it is that's making it so comfortable. The wrist looks similarly sized to any 1799 I've had and I always think the 1799 handstall is just too big for me to use. The pattern itself came in very tall with not a lot of depth in the pocket. So I dunked it. After dunking it, the pocket is now enormous and I love it. Here are a few pics, I'll post better ones when it isn't so ****ty outside and can get some good natural light.

2qvv9lv.jpg

RalphG427

On the bench
Awesome aren't they? I didn't dunk mine but I poured Hot water over the outside for break-in. Pocket is enormous now. Mine is all-leather and weight is not an issue whatsoever so I can only imagine how light your superskin model feels.

Just Ron

Addicted to Softballfans
Very nice! I would need to add a little color but the like the combo overall. Thanks for the review.

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
After dunking it, and re conditioning it.. This glove is enormous! I'll post measurements once the glove is fully dried out and ready for use.