Davis Relacing Glove Pics

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
The owner of Flat Bill Ball Gloves asked me to do some internal work on this new glove for a professional pitcher. I added thicker felt to the fingers and relaced it in gold lace from Auburn Leather Co. These gloves are stiff and show decent craftsmanship.

295475c.jpg

25990rn.jpg

orv4ty.jpg

33nys8n.jpg

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
One-day turnaround for this Rawlings Heart of the Hide Softball PRO316SB-2B for a 16U 3B from Missouri. It was a lot like a Liberty Advanced in terms of overall feel and stiffness. I am pleased to report that the interior handstall and palm liner are higher quality and solve the major problem with the Liberty line: interiors getting ripped to shreds.

32zqadk.jpg

qpmkoh.jpg

21jol1d.jpg

opvarl.jpg

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
This confirms it, tan makes everything look better! Beautiful 1786.
Thanks! We went back and forth between chocolate, black, red, royal, grey, and tan. It took about a week to finally decide on tan, but I think several of the other colors would pop as well!

This glove also marked the beginning of a new method of making each relace better than the factory. I think it shows in the pictures.

Last edited:

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
I relaced these four Eastons from grey Tanner's lace to white Tanner's lace. They are on the way back to Thousand Oaks, CA for a catalogue photo shoot now!

2cruckz.jpg

wi3lls.jpg

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
With some recent upgrades, I am now replacing bindings on gloves. The leather for the binding is from USA Sports and Gloveworks and is available in a variety of colors with some lead time. Of course I'm still refining the process, but the people I've done it for so far appreciate the new leather!

I relaced, web swapped, and replaced the binding on this bone (?) and chocolate Rawlings Pro Preferred PROS12BC from British Columbia.

Before
34y6yie.jpg

15ydrvn.jpg

x2tfeq.jpg

2csjfao.jpg

After
v2whzb.jpg

2rqzghc.jpg

vn00n9.jpg

2cwrhb8.jpg

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Beautiful job as usual.
How is the leather? What does it compare too?
F

The owner of Flat Bill Ball Gloves asked me to do some internal work on this new glove for a professional pitcher. I added thicker felt to the fingers and relaced it in gold lace from Auburn Leather Co. These gloves are stiff and show decent craftsmanship.

295475c.jpg

25990rn.jpg

orv4ty.jpg

33nys8n.jpg