Debber Compression

bigbambino85

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone know what the core and compression rating of 12" debeer clinchers are, 52/275 52/300/40275?? Any help would be great

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Excuse my ignorance, but what does LC stand for?

I have never played witth the 12 in, but the 14 and 16 in ball................I went with a 34oz louisville slugger wood bat

Ballisttic

Star Player
I have a few 12",14",16" clinchers and the 12" feel like they would be somewhere around 40/200 or 44/200. I tend to believe they are low cor cause they don't bounce much.

This is just a guess but i will say this they fly better than worth official league rubber core 44/375s.

They are way behind a asa worth hot dot 52/300 in distance vs the 12" clincher.

The 16" clinchers take a 32oz plus to get them moving and i have a 38oz worth that hits the **** out of 16"

The 14" clinchers you can still hit them with light bats.

MaverickAH

Anyone know what the core and compression rating of 12" debeer clinchers are, 52/275 52/300/40275?? Any help would be great

If you're asking about the standard Clincher F12, the answer is, "None of the above". They are not rated. My guess would be about the same as Ballistic's & rate them at about 40/200 when "new". They are designed for hard surfaces such as asphalt or concrete & indoor use. They can also be used on dirt, astroturf, etc......

Now Debeer make several variations on the Clincher ball. The standard is kapok centered but they also make cork centered versions. Horsehide is the standard cover but the also make one with a synthetic cover.

If you want the best Clincher they make, you want the Clincher Gold (F12G). At one time I do believe that they were rated at 47/375 but I don't think they're rated anymore. They do break down over the course of a game.

The best ball of this type was the Dudley City Ball (SK-12ND) but I don't think that they are still in production. They were rated at 47/375 & stayed that way! They can still be found for cheap but I don't know what supplies are like. At the very least they make for a great practice ball!

bigbambino85

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for your answer not really looking to buy balls just trying to figure out the compression as im not suppose to use my bat on higher than 300 compression balls.

27machine

If you're asking about the standard Clincher F12, the answer is, "None of the above". They are not rated. My guess would be about the same as Ballistic's & rate them at about 40/200 when "new". They are designed for hard surfaces such as asphalt or concrete & indoor use. They can also be used on dirt, astroturf, etc......

Now Debeer make several variations on the Clincher ball. The standard is kapok centered but they also make cork centered versions. Horsehide is the standard cover but the also make one with a synthetic cover.

If you want the best Clincher they make, you want the Clincher Gold (F12G). At one time I do believe that they were rated at 47/375 but I don't think they're rated anymore. They do break down over the course of a game.

The best ball of this type was the Dudley City Ball (SK-12ND) but I don't think that they are still in production. They were rated at 47/375 & stayed that way! They can still be found for cheap but I don't know what supplies are like. At the very least they make for a great practice ball!
Most leagues use the F12's in NYC. The problem now is they are almost impossible to find and if you do find them the price is around $10
which is crazy. I run several leagues and I'm actually thinking of using Champro or Champion Safety Balls if they are similar in core/compression
or find a company where I can make my own. My questions are: How can I test the core/compression of a Clincher F12 if no one actually
knows what it is? Are the Champion or Champro Safety Balls close enough in performance to a Clincher F12? Anyone know of a US factory that
manufactures softballs? (I heard there was a guy in New Jersey that does-I can't locate him). Thanks for your help.

MaverickAH

Most leagues use the F12's in NYC. The problem now is they are almost impossible to find and if you do find them the price is around $10
which is crazy. I run several leagues and I'm actually thinking of using Champro or Champion Safety Balls if they are similar in core/compression
or find a company where I can make my own. My questions are: How can I test the core/compression of a Clincher F12 if no one actually
knows what it is? Are the Champion or Champro Safety Balls close enough in performance to a Clincher F12? Anyone know of a US factory that
manufactures softballs? (I heard there was a guy in New Jersey that does-I can't locate him). Thanks for your help.
The only similar ball that I currently know of is the Dudley ZN Kapok 12” (4KP12W). One of the organizations I umpire for tried to use them this year but there was a problem with the balls being off-centered making for a perpetual knuckleball!!! 😵‍💫

If Dudley fixes the issue, they’d make for a great substitute.

Last edited:

27machine

The only similar ball that I currently know of is the Dudley ZN Kapok 12” (4KP12W). One of the organizations I umpire for tried to use them this year bot there was a problem with the balls being off-centered making for a perpetual knuckleball!!! 😵‍💫

If Dudley fixes the issue, they’d make for a great substitute.
I'll check them out. Thanks for the info.

blakcherry329

The Dudley Cityball is ok. It's a little harder than an F-12, but nowhere near 52/300 and above.
We use them in our Scarsdale Sunday morning pickup games.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Yes they were rated at 47-375 at the factory, 10 hits and they were much lower than that. The LC bats will have Zero problem with that ball. Im not sure it would even flex the wall more than 15%.
With the way things are in the factories my guess you will hard pressed to find Kapok center balls