Deciding Between a Couple Gloves

TRH

Hi all, I stumbled across this forum while searching out some info on a couple gloves I'm looking at and I wanted to ask if anyone had any experiences or information with these gloves. I am interested in the 2017 Wilson A2K 12.75": A2KRB171799 and the Rawlings Heart of the Hide 12.75": PRO303-6CFS. I'm curious as to whether or not either of these gloves are big enough for the outfield in softball, or if I should lean toward a 13" Wilson I have found. If anybody has any experiences with either glove or advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Those are 2 of the most popular baseball gloves for softball outfield. Pick which one feels best to you, they are both great choices.

NYC

Swag on 100.
Hi all, I stumbled across this forum while searching out some info on a couple gloves I'm looking at and I wanted to ask if anyone had any experiences or information with these gloves. I am interested in the 2017 Wilson A2K 12.75": A2KRB171799 and the Rawlings Heart of the Hide 12.75": PRO303-6CFS. I'm curious as to whether or not either of these gloves are big enough for the outfield in softball, or if I should lean toward a 13" Wilson I have found. If anybody has any experiences with either glove or advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

rawlings-pro303-6jbt-heart-of-the-hide-gordon-adult-baseball-glove.jpg

I'd go with the pro303-6jbt, it's on sale now at a few online retailers for $200.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
OP, if you like blue and don't mind waiting for a September delivery, contact @milocoman about the SBF September RGGC's. There is a tan 13" 303 with blue patches in the lineup. It's a good chance to get a unique combo for just the retail price.

TRH

Thanks everybody for all the input. NYC that is a nice looking glove, I'll have to check it out. I guess I was just looking at 12.75", is that enough glove for the OF or should I be looking at 13"? I know once you get to 13"+ your selection and quality begin to dwindle down.

ilikegloves

Part Time Player
Thanks everybody for all the input. NYC that is a nice looking glove, I'll have to check it out. I guess I was just looking at 12.75", is that enough glove for the OF or should I be looking at 13"? I know once you get to 13"+ your selection and quality begin to dwindle down.
Hey,
Both gloves would work out great for outfield, but i do recommend that you go to a sporting goods store where they have them displayed so you can get a feel for them. The a2k does feel a little stiffer on the palm area because they have a more reinforced pocket. It has an extra piece of leather between the lining and the palm. The inside of the glove does feel a little more foamy than the old school gloves.
The pro303 is going to have a little more traditional feel inside of the glove. The newer models are starting to get a little more foamy but not as much as an a2k.

So my point is that you should try both gloves on before you buy. For some reason i am assuming that you are looking at both gloves through the internet and i highly recommend trying them on before you buy so you can get what fits bets for you.
both gloves will get the job done right tho.

TRH

Hey,
Both gloves would work out great for outfield, but i do recommend that you go to a sporting goods store where they have them displayed so you can get a feel for them. The a2k does feel a little stiffer on the palm area because they have a more reinforced pocket. It has an extra piece of leather between the lining and the palm. The inside of the glove does feel a little more foamy than the old school gloves.
The pro303 is going to have a little more traditional feel inside of the glove. The newer models are starting to get a little more foamy but not as much as an a2k.

So my point is that you should try both gloves on before you buy. For some reason i am assuming that you are looking at both gloves through the internet and i highly recommend trying them on before you buy so you can get what fits bets for you.
both gloves will get the job done right tho.

I appreciate the input. I'm having a tough time finding anywhere nearby that has them to try out. The only places around that I'd know to look are a couple Academy Sports stores, and half of their models were missing from the display. Also, even if I find a store with a little bit of a glove selection they hardly have any LHT gloves.

NYC

Swag on 100.

My preferences are different than most people on here. Most people here like big and wide H patterns like the one I posted. I use the pro303-ctb, its a narrower 12.75 trapeze and it's an absolute vacuum for me.
rawlings-heart-of-the-hide-baseball-glove-12-75-pro303-ctb-1.png

TRH

My preferences are different than most people on here. Most people here like big and wide H patterns like the one I posted. I use the pro303-ctb, its a narrower 12.75 trapeze and it's an absolute vacuum for me.
rawlings-heart-of-the-hide-baseball-glove-12-75-pro303-ctb-1.png

I'll have to check that one out. I do love the look of trapeze gloves.