Del. Conf. vs Return receipt vs Sig. Conf.

TheJackal666

Silence....I keel you
Here I broke down the 3 RECOMMENDED methods of shipping using the post office.

Delivery confirmation = $0.70-$0.80 Retail, $0.19
Pro - Electronic....provides proof the package was delivered.
Con - Does NOT provide proof the recipient actually received it.
Return receipt = $1.10 Electronic, $2.30 Mail,
Pro - Provides recipient's signature and date/time of delivery.
CON - Must choose Certified Mail™, Registered Mail™, Collect on Delivery (COD), Insurance Over $200 (which most do anyway), or Express Mail, which all cost extra
Signature confirmation = $2.35 Retail, $1.95 Electronic,
Pro - Provides delivery information and signature electronically.
Con - ????

Now a couple of questions.
1. If you are insuring the bat for $200 or more, why in the world would you NOT choose Return Receipt?
2. If you are NOT insuring the bat, why would you NOT choose Signature Confirmation?
Are people so cheap that they won't spend the extra pennies to PROVE the package got to where it was going and someone actually received it rather than being left by a door for someone to take?

DVS DEA

"IGNORANCE IS ANNOYING"
First always get insurance. signature is required does not mean usps will not loose it.
Second even though package is insured for $200+ and a sig is required the mailman will not always get a sig and will leave package at door.

Here is how I do it.
Insurance $200+
Signature required

Inaurance $150-
Confirmation #

With sig. Req. Mailman cannot leave package without signature.

With bats with less value i just do confirmation b/c it is free throuh usps.com

DEJ13

Addicted to Softballfans
Here I broke down the 3 RECOMMENDED methods of shipping using the post office.

Delivery confirmation = $0.70-$0.80 Retail, $0.19
Pro - Electronic....provides proof the package was delivered.
Con - Does NOT provide proof the recipient actually received it.
Return receipt = $1.10 Electronic, $2.30 Mail,
Pro - Provides recipient's signature and date/time of delivery.
CON - Must choose Certified Mail™, Registered Mail™, Collect on Delivery (COD), Insurance Over $200 (which most do anyway), or Express Mail, which all cost extra
Signature confirmation = $2.35 Retail, $1.95 Electronic,
Pro - Provides delivery information and signature electronically.
Con - ????

Now a couple of questions.
1. If you are insuring the bat for $200 or more, why in the world would you NOT choose Return Receipt?
2. If you are NOT insuring the bat, why would you NOT choose Signature Confirmation?
Are people so cheap that they won't spend the extra pennies to PROVE the package got to where it was going and someone actually received it rather than being left by a door for someone to take?

Agreed, good info here...

First always get insurance. signature is required does not mean usps will not loose it.
Second even though package is insured for $200+ and a sig is required the mailman will not always get a sig and will leave package at door.

Here is how I do it.
Insurance $200+
Signature required

Inaurance $150-
Confirmation #

Not a bad idea...

Here is how I do it.
Insurance $200+
Signature required

Inaurance $150-
Confirmation #

correct. this would guarantee the buyer would have to pick up the package at the PO. there he/she could look at it or do whatever to the package. sure it costs a little more, but i say it's worth it's weight. this would also aleviate the headache of a bat being lost or stolen at the buyers doorstep/mailbox. that's usually the excuse a seller gives to get out of having to refund the buyer money for the bat. overall, signature confirmation is a great additional service. i say it should be a standard along with del con and insurance.

JuiceyJay

Three Six Mafia
I was told signature confirmation works the same way as delivery confirmation soif you require signature than
you don't need DC because its still "tracked" online like DC.

but on the other hand, if you don't need signature confirmation than it its strongly suggested to use DC

single wally

Professional Amateur
I always ship signature confirmation w/ insurance. It's few bucks more expensive but the extra peace of mind makes it worth it.