For Sale Deleted Raffle Thread

dropnbombs25

Part Time Player
As you guys can see this was deleted by Treb because of board rules. Does anyone have another popular board i can do this on. I want to get this done for this young man. Im fairly sure that helping fund his fight against cancer if far more important than a little rule on a softball forum. This seems rather shortsighted and petty. Let me know fellas. Its just amazing that you have something going for such a great cause but a little rule on a website can stop helping someone fund their fight vs. cancer

dropnbombs25

Part Time Player
tedders and treb are forwarding it to coach and he will aparently make the final decision. should something like this really be that hard to do considering what it is for?

Helton17

The Mouse is in the House
I get both sides here. Unfortunately, allowing one genuine cause may in fact open the door to ten more fake causes where someone is trying to make a buck.

AJ22

Super Moderator
How about you donate the bat instead of getting yours ??

Might make a better case for you ..

Agree or disagree, its against the board rules. You knew this beofre you posted it .. Good cause ? ABSOLUTELY .. but maybe you should have asked before you assumed it was o.k. ??

I get both sides here. Unfortunately, allowing one genuine cause may in fact open the door to ten more fake causes where someone is trying to make a buck.

And this !!

Didn't they have a raffle on here before for one of the guys that was hospitalized!?

I believe the way Rojo did his raffles was kind of a loop hole in the law ... members donated a prize and money .. when they won a prize back, it was less in value. Hence, a true donation ? Thi is just my opinion .. not sure exactly on the details, but thats the way I seen it.

Helton17

The Mouse is in the House
How about you donate the bat instead of getting yours ??

Might make a better case for you ..

Agree or disagree, its against the board rules. You knew this beofre you posted it .. Good cause ? ABSOLUTELY .. but maybe you should have asked before you assumed it was o.k. ??

And this !!

Don't quote me! I hate you! :)

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
I thought the raffles stopped because of a state law requiring a license (internet gambling). Get with Rojo, he might have an idea that could side-step the issue. He does fundraisers for board members all the time.

jayslurpee

Addicted to Softballfans
As you guys can see this was deleted by Treb because of board rules. Does anyone have another popular board i can do this on. I want to get this done for this young man. Im fairly sure that helping fund his fight against cancer if far more important than a little rule on a softball forum. This seems rather shortsighted and petty. Let me know fellas. Its just amazing that you have something going for such a great cause but a little rule on a website can stop helping someone fund their fight vs. cancer

maybe www. sportsfreaksonline .com

ripitsick6

The Veteran
i think things like this should be reviewed and once confirmed that it is for a good cause, it should be allowed. this is cancer we're talking here....and not only is treatment expensive, but it takes a toll on the body and mind. At least this young board bro has some reassurance that people are praying and trying to raise money to help him out.....lets help him out!

Treb

Retired
I thought the raffles stopped because of a state law requiring a license (internet gambling). Get with Rojo, he might have an idea that could side-step the issue. He does fundraisers for board members all the time.

this is why it was deleted. not for a "petty" reason.

dropnbombs25

Part Time Player
if anyone has suggestions please go ahead and pm me

AJ, getting mine??? Im selling a freak for half price to get a 23yr old with cancer some funds for his fight. If i was "GETTING MINE" i would have it on the miken thread for $245. Unfortunately im a single father with an 18 month old son and dont have the money to just give bats away right now or i definately would. I though it was pretty clear that im obviously not making money here.

No i actually didnt know it was against board rules.

dropnbombs25

Part Time Player
well that reason is petty in comparison to the cause. i understand the mods position and respect it. And how am i supposed to know the Michigan Laws when im in Pa. I know we can do this on the pa board if i cant do it here

lunatic#12

Addicted to Softballfans
i thought it was a good idea, but if its illegal maybe the kid could get donations sent directly to him and in return he can leave everyone that donates GTG feedback! would that be legal?

Treb

Retired
well that reason is petty in comparison to the cause. i understand the mods position and respect it. And how am i supposed to know the Michigan Laws when im in Pa. I know we can do this on the pa board if i cant do it here

the board rules are posted there for all to see. #8 i believe.

AJ22

Super Moderator

Not without a permit you can't ...

Pennsylvania law allows raffles only for fundraising by nonprofit organizations for the purposes of charitable or public interests. The organization must have a permit if the raffle is to have an individual prize of more than $500 in value or total prizes in excess of $5,000 within a month. A majority of the voters in a municipality can vote not to issue any such permits.

- You are not a nonprofit organization.

dropnbombs25

Part Time Player
Well if its not approved by coach.. ill take this to the pennsylvania board where i know i can do it. Just a shame if we cant do it here because we could raise a good chunk of change for this guy

dropnbombs25

Part Time Player
Not without a permit you can't ...

Pennsylvania law allows raffles only for fundraising by nonprofit organizations for the purposes of charitable or public interests. The organization must have a permit if the raffle is to have an individual prize of more than $500 in value or total prizes in excess of $5,000 within a month. A majority of the voters in a municipality can vote not to issue any such permits.

- You are not a nonprofit organization.

Plenty of non-profit places i can do it through sir. The prize is under $500 and the donation im sure will be under $5000. And the 2 softball leagues i run are both registered non-profit organizations. Like i said before. . .this will happen its just a matter of where. Hell ill do it on facebook if i need to. lol. I just dont understand why people are looking for more of a reason to shoot this down than support it.

AJ22

Super Moderator
Plenty of non-profit places i can do it through bud. The prize is under $500 and the donation im sure will be under $5000. And the 2 softball leagues i run are both registered non-profit organizaions. Like i said before. . .this will happen its just a matter of where. Hell ill do it on facebook if i need to. lol. I just dont understand why people are looking for more of a reason to shoot this down than support it.

1. Meet eligibility requirements. There are three criteria that must be met before an organization is eligible to hold a legal raffle in Pennsylvania. The organization must be not-for-profit. Furthermore, it must be a charitable, religious, fraternal or veterans organization, or a civic and service association. Finally, the organization must have been in existence and fulfilling one of the prerequisite purposes for at least one year prior to applying for a raffle permit.

2. Apply for a permit, if necessary. If your raffle will award a single prize over $500 or prizes totaling more than $5,000 in value in a month, you must apply to the municipality for a special raffle permit no less than 30 days prior to the date on which tickets will begin being sold. The application must state the date and location of the drawing, the number of chances to be sold, their price, the value of the prizes and the date that sales of chances will begin.

3. Do not advertise prizes except to members. Pennsylvania law prohibits advertisement of a raffle's prizes or their cash value except in publications circulated among the membership of an eligible organization. The actual tickets to the raffle are permitted to state the nature of the prize.

4. Get a member to volunteer. The raffle must be conducted by a bonafide member of the organization, who is not allowed to be compensated for their service.

Best of luck ... I'm sure you have the means. I am just stating the why's .. and I'm not shooting this idea down. I support this 100%. However, I also am about this site and supporting this site. If we allow one, we have to allow all.

Old Rocket

Addicted to Softballfans
Why can't you set up a donation fund instead of raffle or list one of your bats for sale and donate the sell price. Not everyone needs to win something to feel like they have helped someone out.....

yank

Addicted to Softballfans

iIs it ok to just sent up donations thru the board,without the raffle?

dropnbombs25

Part Time Player
1. Meet eligibility requirements. There are three criteria that must be met before an organization is eligible to hold a legal raffle in Pennsylvania. The organization must be not-for-profit. Furthermore, it must be a charitable, religious, fraternal or veterans organization, or a civic and service association. Finally, the organization must have been in existence and fulfilling one of the prerequisite purposes for at least one year prior to applying for a raffle permit.

2. Apply for a permit, if necessary. If your raffle will award a single prize over $500 or prizes totaling more than $5,000 in value in a month, you must apply to the municipality for a special raffle permit no less than 30 days prior to the date on which tickets will begin being sold. The application must state the date and location of the drawing, the number of chances to be sold, their price, the value of the prizes and the date that sales of chances will begin.

3. Do not advertise prizes except to members. Pennsylvania law prohibits advertisement of a raffle's prizes or their cash value except in publications circulated among the membership of an eligible organization. The actual tickets to the raffle are permitted to state the nature of the prize.

4. Get a member to volunteer. The raffle must be conducted by a bonafide member of the organization, who is not allowed to be compensated for their service.

Best of luck ... I'm sure you have the means. I am just stating the why's .. and I'm not shooting this idea down. I support this 100%. However, I also am about this site and supporting this site. If we allow one, we have to allow all.

Thanks for the info AJ. I actually meet all 4.

We are registered non-profit...
the prize does not exceed $500 so no permit is needed.
We are all members of the softball community.
And i have no problem taking my time to do it

AJ22

Super Moderator
Thanks for the info AJ. I actually meet all 4.

We are registered non-profit...
the prize does not exceed $500 so no permit is needed.
We are all members of the softball community.
And i have no problem taking my time to do it

Best of luck ..

I would advise rereading #1 and #2 though ..

I'm sure you can make this work .. it is for a great cause.

dropnbombs25

Part Time Player
even though i wish he would, i doubt coach is going to approve this which is a shame. im going to find a way to do it. I appreciate the info AJ and thanks for your time

HOWEVER, i do not appreciate whoever the ****ing ******* was that called paypal and had my account blocked. This is ****ing pathetic on your part and id like to knock your teeth down your ****ing throat. Have a good day