Demarini RD28...Tell me about it.

chile

Bad Ape
I only had limited cuts with it... At the time, it was commanding that exclusive, "look at me... I'm an RD28" price...so I didn't bite since there were/are better bats outta the wrapper... That being said, I'd probably grab one at their current price if I was buying today. I know that doesn't help but that's my $0.02

ShortYellowBus

I only had limited cuts with it... At the time, it was commanding that exclusive, "look at me... I'm an RD28" price...so I didn't bite since there were/are better bats outta the wrapper... That being said, I'd probably grab one at their current price if I was buying today. I know that doesn't help but that's my $0.02
@kj13 said it swings like Flipper aftermath. 13” barrel, divergence gap barrel and half ounce endload sounds like a Flipper aftermath.

I will still probably get one at that price. Cheaper than a new Flipper USA.

chile

Bad Ape
@kj13 said it swings like Flipper aftermath. 13” barrel, divergence gap barrel and half ounce endload sounds like a Flipper aftermath.

I will still probably get one at that price. Cheaper than a new Flipper USA.

The one I hit had about 5 hits on it... At the time, I was swinging the 17 bb legit and it was just night and day between the two... I hit a few nice liners with it but coming from a broken in bb legit didn't really give it much to convince me at that point... With my 13 AMs being gamers, I'm not sure I'd have the patience for a NOW RD but it's always nice to have a bat that you broke in yourself.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Took wrap off of mine last week, does feel like the 13" flips swingwise nothing special outa wrap but does have the nice gap tech feel balls come off very well, it became a team fave when I (the old guy) hit one about 275 with very first hit outa wrap these guys were swinging my 4500 hit 15 usam last year and but now are stuck on the rd, it has about 45/50 cuts on it and is warming up nicely. I have decided to sell it too the guy that runs /sponsors the team as most of the team are his kids, family members and i still have several months left on warranty..

One of the kids is a (collage baseball player) hit 2 bombs with it approx 360/375' his cousin who has no business play ball hit a one (for an out) approx 315'

lakeyale13

Manager
Thanks guys for the heads up on the RD28. I saw a guy selling one on the bay and he wanted $530 for a NIW. Just thought that was crazy for a bat I have never heard of.

ShortYellowBus

Thanks guys for the heads up on the RD28. I saw a guy selling one on the bay and he wanted $530 for a NIW. Just thought that was crazy for a bat I have never heard of.
That must be the Og RD28. The A3 website is selling it NiW with receipt for a lot less.

By the way, @chile and I were referring to the RI RD28 with the barrel technology. Different bat!

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah that's prolly the og rd, thats what they would sell for back then when they were the cats meow.. dude selling it is likely the one that buys them here for great price and rapes people on that site

Last edited:

MPT23

Putting on the foil

The original rd28 is a great bat. Both the asa and utrip models. My favorite bat of all time is the asa model and my last gamer had around 7k swings before dying and it murdered the 52's. These bats were made for 44's and very durable and get crazy hot. Still own 2 asa and 2 utrip.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
The original rd28 is a great bat. Both the asa and utrip models. My favorite bat of all time is the asa model and my last gamer had around 7k swings before dying and it murdered the 52's. These bats were made for 44's and very durable and get crazy hot. Still own 2 asa and 2 utrip.

Yeah, fell in love with the utrip from swing 1. Definitely my favorite old stamp

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Man that flex, it was like swinging a pool noodle, what a big difference coming from a 1pc worth/miken, but it smashes all balls well

TRaj2327

One of, if not the best ASA bat DeMarini has ever made in its time. That bat was lights out and destroyed anything in its path beyond 1000 cuts. Some of the longest balls I've ever hit were with that bat.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
++++++++1

Ain't no SMU or old bat hitting like a Nautalai or TM.

Seeing as OP owns a DB44 now, he would just be setting himself up for disappointment.

Except for the bigger el on the db44, i think the og asa rd28 is gonna swing similar. Yes, i own both.