Did they nuke The Old Scout because of the bat scandal?

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
Subject is in thread title. Lots of chatter on there about Flip and EK need to be suspended and held accountable for getting caught on camera breaking USSSA bat rules and should be suspended. USSSA taking a ton of heat on the subject. Carrucci has some sort of pull with the board and Flip is his golden boy, did he get the page nuked to take some heat off Flip and hope everyone just forgets this ever happens.

For those unaware, a video surfaced a few days after the Challenge Cup of Flip taking a bat out of the dugout over to the barrel and “allegedly” swapping them out with different bat. Only thing not caught on camera was clear evidence of them switching bats but both are seen walking to the barrel with bats from the dugout, putting them by the barrel where they can’t be seen, taking bats out of the barrel, putting them next to the bats they brought from the dugout. Taking a few practice swings, then putting a bat back in the barrel and returning to the dugout with the other. All caught on the pre-game live stream.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dw says the hosting company took it down, but who really knows?

Who is ek?

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
It can't be a coincidence. That board has been up for like 2 decades, and now all of a sudden it's gone?

IDK if it's specifically due to the Flip bat scandal, but something isn't right.

I've seen the video in question, and it looks like Flip and 1 other guy definitely switch bats out of the bucket after the ump brings them out.

This does raise an important question... why did USSSA have a camera trained on the bat bucket? Were they looking for cheating? I have a feeling this isn't the first time something like this has happened.

I think USSSA is trying to sweep the whole thing under the rug.

blakcherry329

SMH, why would someone on that level need to cheat? It's different than the Pros in other sports. Slow pitch is all about the Offense. hard balls, postage stamp size strike zone, bat technology. Need to see a sport psychiatrist if you feel you need to cheat in this sport.

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
Why would someone on any level of slow pitch softball need to cheat
Nc4mju6.jpg

%%%

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Dw says the hosting company took it down, but who really knows?

Who is ek?
Erik Kanaby, he pitched for Monsta last year. I'd be predisposed to believe DW, especially since Old Scout is now on a different platform.
It can't be a coincidence. That board has been up for like 2 decades, and now all of a sudden it's gone?

IDK if it's specifically due to the Flip bat scandal, but something isn't right.

I've seen the video in question, and it looks like Flip and 1 other guy definitely switch bats out of the bucket after the ump brings them out.

This does raise an important question... why did USSSA have a camera trained on the bat bucket? Were they looking for cheating? I have a feeling this isn't the first time something like this has happened.

I think USSSA is trying to sweep the whole thing under the rug.
Ownership of Old Scout changed last year or the year before to Carucci, could be he didn't like the beating he and his employees had been taking on there.
USSSA didn't have a camera trained on the bucket, two of the videos are from someone in the stands, the other one is from the broadcast feed and the mounted camera on the front of the press box. The one from the USSSA Live broadcast is zoomed in so much it's hard to see exactly what happened. But considering it was Doc on the plate for that game I'm surprised he didn't see it.
Branch and a couple other guys have stated they've seen it happen before, but usually it's on back fields where the field of view of the cameras doesn't catch the buckets.

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
There was a guy on my C team last year that got cut after a few tournament mostly because he just didnt fit in with the team but anyway, dude would literally do the same exact thing so I knew what was going on right away. He would take his bat that wouldnt pass out of the dugout pre-game and take swings withit like he was getting loose over by the bucket. Then he'd drop it in the bucket and take out his bat that passed and walk back into the dugout with it.

Regardless if this is what those guys actually did or not, they should know better than to take bats from the dugout, which is against the rules, correct? And then to get caught doing some suspicious **** after just further support as evidence to the fact that, yeah, they were probably cheating.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
There was a guy on my C team last year that got cut after a few tournament mostly because he just didnt fit in with the team but anyway, dude would literally do the same exact thing so I knew what was going on right away. He would take his bat that wouldnt pass out of the dugout pre-game and take swings withit like he was getting loose over by the bucket. Then he'd drop it in the bucket and take out his bat that passed and walk back into the dugout with it.

Regardless if this is what those guys actually did or not, they should know better than to take bats from the dugout, which is against the rules, correct? And then to get caught doing some suspicious **** after just further support as evidence to the fact that, yeah, they were probably cheating.

Hold on....someone from the Northeast (NJ/PA/NY/CT) cheated you say? Go on.......