Different Stamp on Balls

kicker30

Addicted to Softballfans
Just got a box of balls delivered today that have a different stamp than normal. They are Tattoo NX3 NSA balls, bought directly from AD Starr and they have the correct model number on them, as does the box and packing slip, which also lists the correct cor and compression. Any ideas on the abnormal stamp?

Attachments

• IMG_8232.jpg
    IMG_8232.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_8233.jpg
    IMG_8233.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 93
It's possibly related to the ball specs changing next year. Rumor is they are removing the COR/Compression numbers and reintroducing .44/400 (under a name instead of numbers).

mkimmer

COMbatant
I found one of those balls the other day. It feels kinda harder, so IDK if they are the new NSA balls for next year or not. I guess it was like the USSSA Elite and Distance balls of the past.

mihklo

New balls won't/aren't supposed to be releasing until Jan 1
All the old 44/400 balls will not be legal. The new balls will have a new NSA icon stamp on it.

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
We had these during one tournament and the NSA tournament director wouldn't allow us to use them. We had to hit the ICONs only. I've heard the 52s wont be allowed next year in NSA.

exccsracer

Scrooge McBase
We had these during one tournament and the NSA tournament director wouldn't allow us to use them. We had to hit the ICONs only. I've heard the 52s wont be allowed next year in NSA.

There seems to be some inconsistency among directors. Per the NSA site, the 52 was legal through the end of this year. We had this happen to us back in January. We were using ICONS and when we were out of HR we switched to the 52's. After an inning we were told we had to use ICONS. I pointed out that they were extended through 12/31/19 and I was again told I had to use ICONS. Ultimately it didn't matter but it seems to be at the discretion of the director.