Not GTG dlromero32 - Payment declined/Bat not returned

donovan106

dlromero32 - David Romero

He has his Read receipt option enabled on his iMessages as well and I have seen him on Softball Fans through his profile as recent as 5/5/16.

4/14/16 (Thursday) - Agreed to $140 on my OG Z2000 USSSA 26 oz. He sent PayPal right as we agreed to our numbers.

picture.php

I noticed he had sent payment as an eCheck and against my better judgement I shipped the bat on 4/15/16 (Friday).

picture.php

It stated it would take 3-4 days for the eCheck to clear.

picture.php

picture.php

4/18/16 (Monday) - Bat arrives in Kentucky. https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=9405803699300230104158

4/20/16 (Wednesday) - I get the email from PayPal stating there is a delay in the payment and it was declined by his bank.

picture.php

Corresponding text messages:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

stillballin

The Veteran
link to text messages doesn't work bro...

so are you unable to file a claim with paypal?

did he ask for you to send the bat before the payment cleared?

mods might need a obd tag so he doesn't do this to others...

donovan106

I haven't gone to PayPal yet, but I imagine since it was an eCheck they won't be able to do much. I sent the bat myself before it cleared. I had never had a payment like that not go through before. I definitely won't be doing that ever again. Mainly I am just hoping to stop him from doing another deal with someone else at this point.

kj13

Addicted to Softballfans
He's in the army ? Damn. Military doesn't play when it comes to stealing etc. hope this works out

Hendo9

Softball Junkie
Smdh fellas... Shame to say I know this cat from Phoenix... Before he got deployed and back east. Never knew him as being shady, but guys are saying this is him and he owes people money here in town still.. KARMA!

addicted2bats

Funny he would pull this as he's in the Army.

that means what? Im a vet myself, and ive met both the best and absolute worst people ive ever met in my life in the Army. Its a shame that there are people like that out there, but they exist in all branches of the military all the same as the civilian world. I'd urge people to not give leeway just because someone is in the military. Too many people out there trying to take advantage of that.

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
that means what? Im a vet myself, and ive met both the best and absolute worst people ive ever met in my life in the Army. Its a shame that there are people like that out there, but they exist in all branches of the military all the same as the civilian world. I'd urge people to not give leeway just because someone is in the military. Too many people out there trying to take advantage of that.

The reason is not that all people in the military are just and fair because they fight for our freedom.

The point is that CO's take things like this as a direct reflection of how they are being trained in their ranks.

Does your immediate commanding officer want the Camp Commander receiving an e-mail about his troops stealing? Hell no. And it will trickle down the chain of command to every boss he has and gain momentum.

You want an Article 15 in your records over a softball bat? Is what I would ask him. It would be easy to get his Squadron information.

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
I don't understand that photo

If you Google his 10 1st airborne division, he was playing in a tournament and of all the pictures of the team plaaying, this Jackass was the only one wearing his own sub dye. All the others were wearing black thirty with ARMY in yellow. We are also trying to figure out if that bat he is swinging was the alleged stolen bat.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Did some poking around and a SBF member may know some mutual friends/players and said he will try to ask around this week.

donovan106

From what I am told by him, he is shipping the bat back to me today. That certainly does look like my bat in the picture, it is hard to tell what kind of Z2k he's using with it being a black and white picture. I did have a Lizard Skin on the bat, but he said he changed it out.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year

This means it's usually easier to track down and also contact someone that can make sure it gets taken care of.

Also, coming from a long line of military family, usually people in the military have some respect and have a certain code of conduct. Not saying to give any kind of leeway because of this. You certainly are correct that there are terrible people everywhere, even in the military.

donovan106

The OG Z2000 USSSA bat arrived yesterday in the mail. It looks fine and in the same shape when I shipped it over a month ago.