Do you have trouble finding people to take BP?

doogster34

Addicted to Softballfans
For the life of me, I can't find anyone to take bp on a regular basis. Most of the guys I used to play with have other commitments which I understand. But it seems like no one in my town practices once the season starts. So if your in northeast Indiana and want to take some swings let me know. Do any of you have this problem?

nicko

Coach
i would hit bp every single freakin' day until my arms fall off, and i'm sick and tired of my tee. nobody ever wants to go with me...if there wasn't so much construction through chicago i might take the drive down to you

Sinsation

Starting Player
the best time for my team to practice or take BP was 1-2 hrs b4 the game. everyone's schedule was just so different it was just easiest to meet up early. Now that its summer, i have plenty of time, but no friends, most of them go home (college town)...so yes...and oh yeah, i went to the cages yesterday...they're all broken... :(

VooDooSooner

Boomer Sooner
sometimes...

i have offers, but sometimes the other person cant throw strikes! that is why i built a tee and just go out early, before league games, and take a few rounds off the tee.

davidhasselmash

Addicted to Softballfans
i have the same problem. nobody ever wants to hit bp and i would go anytime. i always hear the guys who play on my league teams saying how they need to hit more but whenever i ask they never wanna hit bp, WTF? no wonder people roll bats, nobody wants to hit bp to break them in! lol

Trophy Hunter15

Addicted to Softballfans
i would hit bp every single freakin' day until my arms fall off, and i'm sick and tired of my tee. nobody ever wants to go with me...if there wasn't so much construction through chicago i might take the drive down to you

I hear you man I love getting out to take some bp every chance I get. I find it good stress management. :)

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster

Where in IL are you?

PHXCobra

Addicted to Softballfans
In the summer, absolutely. It was 113 degrees on Saturday where I would normally take BP. No thanks. During the winter, it's no trouble at all.

Gerdass

Addicted to Softballfans
I always have trouble, but I'm one of those guys with a lot on his plate, so the few times I could take it, I can't find anyone else to go with me.

I'm someone northern IL too if anyone is interested.

iowa_kid

Manager
anybody in the quad cities iowa side or illinois side i will meet up for bp, it is pulling teeth to get a group together regularly.. before the season i have big groups during season its hard to get more than 2 or 3 people at the same time

Gerdass

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not too far from the QC. I'm about a 45 minute drive west on the Illinois side. Right on Rt 92.

I'm also always looking for some tournies to play in.

Cubslover

Certified Mother****er
I have trouble quite often os I keep my BP balls in a collapsible shopping cart and have my tee. I hit whenever I want.

ROCKKROWN

Addicted to Softballfans
I do all the time. In the spring everyone wants to hit but as the year goes along no one does...and you wonder why we keep losing!

mikey31478

i have the same problem, live 30 minutes away from most of my teammates.... and have 3 kids lol, so the tee does see alot of action and on top of it i think i'm coming off the worst hitting tny i've had this year.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
During the winter I have no problem finding people to hit with. During the summer is another story. Between leagues, jobs, and kids it's understandable. I was only playing one league night a week with the hopes of hitting more That hasn't happened so I'm back up to 2 nights a week and it's about to be 3 nights here shortly. A few of my tournament teammates hit every Tuesday, but I'm atleast an hour from them during that time of the day.

drpnbmbs

At the gym
it seems to me that i cant find anyone to hit bp with because im actually trying to get better. i take breaks between swings sometimes to try and fix things if somethings wrong and i love criticism. if you can help me then thats great but most time if i hit 5 out of 10 out then the other guy is just amazed so it kind of sucks. plus no one ever wants to do any fielding.

G&Tbats

Addicted to Softballfans
For the life of me, I can't find anyone to take bp on a regular basis. Most of the guys I used to play with have other commitments which I understand. But it seems like no one in my town practices once the season starts. So if your in northeast Indiana and want to take some swings let me know. Do any of you have this problem?

Same problem in Michigan!

Foultip

USMC '93-'00/7220
Kind of spoiled in my area...we have a field where we can turn the lights on from 1800-2300, everyday! There r plenty of diehards that will go hit. ;)

younggun88

Softball Assassin
all alone....

no one to hit with here either, and the few times we get to go, no one can throw a strike so i bought a pitching machine and now we go less than before, that was money well spent...:rolleyes:

swish16

What goes here?
Kind of spoiled in my area...we have a field where we can turn the lights on from 1800-2300, everyday! There r plenty of diehards that will go hit. ;)

Hell ya lions park is great especially for when it gets dark early and te random decent nights during winter

coolluvr4u1976

#1 bomb dropper
Last yr, i kinda did but still had a friend to do some bp with on the weekends....

This yr it started out like that, but found a guy on sbf's( laverdt ) who lives right down the road from me...
So now i get plenty of bp, cuz my work schedule has changed and Laverdt, has a pretty open schedule too, so we normally go out once or twice a week to do bp.