Do you lift before a game?

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Yes, I go lighter and don't go near failure, but I get a lift in. The earlier in the day I can get it done the better. I never go to the gym and then to the field to try and play. It's never worked out well for me when I tried it.

Terrordome666

Addicted to Softballfans
When I play when the whether is cold, I sit in the hot tub for 15 minutes before I leave for the game to loosen up my joints and muscles.

I hope this helps.

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
I always go to the gym no matter what. I usually try and refrain from doing legs 1-2 days prior to game nights, and try not to do shoulders on game day due to previous injuries.

r8dr_rider

Last Thursday i did my normal free weights workout. Usually do it 4 times a week. First time doing it during league night. Went 2/4 that night. Woke up Friday morning with a horrible pain in my right shoulder. Hurt all weekend went to chiropractor today and he said it was a sprain. Go figure

hitsone

Back in my youth I would try to get my workout done in the morning of game day if there was a conflict. Now in my golden years if I exercise before a game I use up all my energy and strength, so just a run and some stretches before games

Vec18

I always go to the gym no matter what. I usually try and refrain from doing legs 1-2 days prior to game nights, and try not to do shoulders on game day due to previous injuries.
I agree. I skip legs til morning after my last game of the week to give the most time to recover. Any other muscle group, just do the normal routine.