Does anyone other than worth make GSL balls?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The syco cover ones aren't bad. Pro TAC sucks. I believe they have a contract with with like wsl but I'm not 100% sure on that.

spartyfaith

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks appreciate your response.
From what I notice the cover on the protac rips when you look at them funny

DoinWorkSoftball

not all GSL or USSSA Hotdots are 52/300 infact most Hotdots in Ohio and MI are 40/325 the same as the Extreme Gold dots just the different cover. you need to read the letters on the ball UHC12SY (UHC12SYG for GSL) are 40/325 if they are UHC12CY (UHC12CYG for GSL) then they are 52/300

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
not all GSL or USSSA Hotdots are 52/300 infact most Hotdots in Ohio and MI are 40/325 the same as the Extreme Gold dots just the different cover. you need to read the letters on the ball UHC12SY (UHC12SYG for GSL) are 40/325 if they are UHC12CY (UHC12CYG for GSL) then they are 52/300
They are not hot dots if they're 40/325.

spartyfaith

Addicted to Softballfans
So we lasted only a season of GSL. Can't wait to see what the director pushes us to next.
Those 40 325 balls were absolute rocks in Michigan during the fall.

DoinWorkSoftball

They are not hot dots if they're 40/325.

I'm sorry I guess as a director for GSL I dont know what I am talking about. I guess the 45 min chat with Worth never happend. If i didnt give you the different codes for the ball to look them up yourself and see what the ball was.... here i'll do it for you

uhd12sy is a 40/325 yes this is a USSSA ball only differance is GSL would be uhd12syg the g is for GSL...

uhd12cy is a 52/300

go ahead click the links and check it out for your self... this is why when i run tournaments that are hot dot only I have to say which balls are aloud.... oh yea the Extremes they are 40/325 also :) its the same ball just a different cover.

Last edited by a moderator:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm sorry I guess as a director for GSL I dont know what I am talking about. I guess the 45 min chat with Worth never happend. If i didnt give you the different codes for the ball to look them up yourself and see what the ball was.... here i'll do it for you

uhd12sy is a 40/325 yes this is a USSSA ball only differance is GSL would be uhd12syg the g is for GSL...

uhd12cy is a 52/300

go ahead click the links and check it out for your self... this is why when i run tournaments that are hot dot only I have to say which balls are aloud.... oh yea the Extremes they are 40/325 also :) its the same ball just a different cover.
First, don't link to a competitor's sure here. Second, don't think we don't see where you changed the model number.

Hey, look at that, the balls you reference are all 52/275 classic pluses and not classic ms. I'm shocked.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I assume what you think I said is that there are no gsl hot dots, which is not what I said. I have owned them. I was one of the first people to buy them in this area to try and keep our balls in the yard because the classic m is a completely stupid ball.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
In his defense, the competitor he linked has it wrong on their site. I mean, nobody else does, but that one retailer does so they probably are more accurate than worth and utrip about their own balls.

DoinWorkSoftball

my info was not from google it was from talking with worth.. and a hotdot is not always a 52/275 bc hot dots are not even 52/275 they are 52/300. You can say what you want but as a company I would like to know what I am selling. Call Worth and ask they will tell you everything that I have just said because I have already talked with them. And I have never changed any code. I am reading them strait from the ball.. inless you are talking about adding the G on the end which only means GSL stamp not USSSA stamp.... does not change the ball.

DoinWorkSoftball

In his defense, the competitor he linked has it wrong on their site. I mean, nobody else does, but that one retailer does so they probably are more accurate than worth and utrip about their own balls.

Call Worth.. they are where my Info is from. not from the other website. good try though. maybe your site is wrong.

Country469

Do you want to bet on that? $500? Like I will bet you $500 right ****ing now that there are 52 275 hots dots on the market. 52 300 is simpl what assoc uses it. All hot dots are 52 cor, like I said. Make the bet hoss.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
my info was not from google it was from talking with worth.. and a hotdot is not always a 52/275 bc hot dots are not even 52/275 they are 52/300. You can say what you want but as a company I would like to know what I am selling. Call Worth and ask they will tell you everything that I have just said because I have already talked with them. And I have never changed any code. I am reading them strait from the ball.. inless you are talking about adding the G on the end which only means GSL stamp not USSSA stamp.... does not change the ball.
The back to back posts above where you changed the model number from uhc12sy to uhd12sy are inches above this if you want to reread them .

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also don't want to talk to a worth sales associate. I just read the definition of a classic plus ball on utrips website, their rule book, etc. It takes the human error portion down a lot.

DoinWorkSoftball

The back to back posts above where you changed the model number from uhc12sy to uhd12sy are inches above this if you want to reread them .

i see what you are saying and that was just a mistake of the wrong key being hit... there is no ball that is UHC12sy sorry for the typo. I am waiting on the Email from Worth so I can screen shot it for everyone. I went ahead and called them again to make light of this issue with what the balls are.

Country469

If I call worth, and I don't tell them Im a GSL rep, they will offer my everything they have FYI....clearly you don't understand why they told you that

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I call worth, and I don't tell them Im a GSL rep, they will offer my everything they have FYI....clearly you don't understand why they told you that
You should read utrips new designs if the different types of balls for 2017. It's almost comical how they have temperature guidelines for the classic plus, to least effected by temp of all three balls, but no such thing for the other two. They can't match the plus obviously, but can you imagine how bad the m would be if it couldn't exceed 400 compression at 40 degrees? The plus is listed as 52 Cor and no more than 375 compression and no less than 225 compression from 40 degrees to 100 degrees

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
can you link me to that by chance?
http://web.usssa.com/usssa/usssa-general/USSSA_SPRB_17.pdf

12” Classic Plus Ball:
i.
shall have an optic yellow cover
ii.
shall have “USSSA Classic Plus “ in 1/8” letters and the
USSSA logo with a 7/8” diameter
iii.
shall have lettering and logo in red and the stitching shall be
blue and logo shall be applied to be indelible.
iv.
shall have a COR up to .52 or less under the ASTM test used
under the USSSA Softball License Agreement and
v.
shall have a compression between 375 and 225 pounds in
weather between 40 degrees and 100 degrees under the ASTM
test used under the USSSA Softball Ball License Agreement.

the Board at [email protected] and to the appropriate State Director, each
of which may, in their discretion, overrule any USSSA league rule changes.
Sec. 3 A

:
The completed 12” ball shall have a circumference of
12” +/- 1/8” and weigh 6.4 ounces +/- 0.2 oz. The seam shall have not less
than 88 stitches in each cover, or 88 simulated stitches in molded cover balls.
The completed 11” ball shall be 11” +/- 1/8” in circumference and weigh 5.85
ounces +/- 0.2 ounces and shall otherwise be proportional to the 12” ball.
2. Name, Logo, COR, and Compression 12” Balls
a.
There shall be no COR or compression information written on the
ball, marketing materials or packaging. Manufacturers may have their
name and logo in any color.
b. 12” Classic M Ball:
i.
shall have an optic yellow cover
ii.
shall have “USSSA CLASSIC M” in 1/8” letters and the
USSSA logo with a 1-1/8” diameter;
iii.