Does anyone still work at Easton?

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Has anyone tried to return a bat or deal with Easton in any way recently?

I contacted Easton on April 8th and got a return authorization for a cracked bat. Mailed the bat back (which cost $60+ because I'm in Canada and Easton specified Purolator as the shipping method) and received a confirmation email stating that my bat had been inspected and a replacement was approved. Got an email a day later with an order replacement number. That was April 28th.

Since then I've sent multiple emails that have gone completely ignored. I tried calling the toll-free number for warranty issues that Easton gives on their website; the voice recording says that the number has changed and gives you a new number. Dialing that connects you to Allstate Insurance....

I'm getting the feeling I may not see a replacement bat.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
1-844-436-2292 is the dud number I called. It's for customers outside of the US, I'm in Canada.

Tried calling 1-888-259-1297 and I get the message "This number is unavailable from your calling area". Same deal with 1-800-345-8140, their general inquiries number.

Basically, if they just keep ignoring my emails I have absolutely no way to contact them.
The outside of US number is for anywhere other than us and Canada is what i read. The number i posted is what i used the last time i had to deal with them.. try that one

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh crap i didn't realize you did call that number. I just called the number and it was taking me through all the prompts non of which said it was not a good number. Hmm

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Oh crap i didn't realize you did call that number. I just called the number and it was taking me through all the prompts non of which said it was not a good number. Hmm

US number that's blocked from numbers outside of the US.

I just found out that there's an Easton Canada FB page, I'm gonna try sending them a message.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
US number that's blocked from numbers outside of the US.

I just found out that there's an Easton Canada FB page, I'm gonna try sending them a message.
I just got off the phone with cs and explained what is going on, he did say if i had your ra# and or name email phone # he would look it up and try to get some answers.

If you want to send me pm with that info i will call them back, most important is the ra#

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I just got off the phone with cs and explained what is going on, he did say if i had your ra# and or name email phone # he would look it up and try to get some answers.

If you want to send me pm with that info i will call them back, most important is the ra#

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. PM incoming.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Apparently everone at Easton takes long naps after lunch lol.

After getting through to someone relatively easy prior to their lunch it seems they don't want to answer calls after lunch. :confused:

I will try again alil later prior to their closing time, if i can't speak with them then, i will try tomorrow.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I’m making this public so everyone knows what a good guy hitless45 is.

I was unable to call the US customer service number from Canada so he jumped in and offered to call on my behalf. After several phone calls he got ahold a CS rep, gave them my info, and straightened the issue out; Easton said they had no stock but were receiving a shipment next Tuesday and my replacement bat was being marked as a priority.

Thanks again, hitless. I could’ve been stuck in limbo forever if you hadn’t volunteered to help.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Quick update:

I never did get an email from Easton and shortly after hitless45 stepped in, Easton's website went down for several days. Checked today and it's back up and revamped as a combined Easton/Rawlings/Miken/Worth webpage. Under the contact menu the Live Chat option is back, although it isn't functional yet; it just brings up an online form submission at the moment. I re-submitted my info, hopefully my return just got lost in the shuffle during the conversion.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
As i said in my last post, i truly hope easton does own up and didn't just blow me off.

I've been very critical of easton since they banned their own asa bats back a couple years, that as well as these situations is why i have not purchased easton since then.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
OMG!! This whole easton rawlings miken worth merger crap is even more of a strike against easton for me.

So i called again and spoke with Eli, after explaining to him the situation he started with (oh you called Tuesday, well do you know we've completely converted a merger) and we don't go by ra#'s etc anymore so blah blah.. i mentioned talking to Martha back on Thursday and what she told me about this situation, so after being on hold with him for 10 mins he gets back on and says (ok i am going to put you through to Martha) as soon as she gets off the line with someone else. She gets on and starts the spiel about their system and the merger blahblah.. apparently she is the only one that has/can access to the old system, BUT the system is still down.. she says she'll call me back once she can access the system for the info, i told her she can do that and or contact hiltz via email etc.

SO again we'll see what happens.

FWIW
while speaking with eli he informed me that Canadian customers no longer will have to return bats to easton, they will do returns through the store they purchased their bats from.

Last edited:

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
From Don Cooper on FB:

Miken/Worth/Easton updates:

"2. We have struggled at Easton in the warranty department. 100% no excuses on return times. We have just added 3 additional people and will be moving to a new system soon. I feel we will be in a very good place shortly. As always if you have any issues you can reach out to myself or Brett Helmer and we will try and assist. As always facts: we have to do better."

We'll see I guess

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Apparently Don Cooper is the man to talk to. He replied to my email within an hour saying he passed my info on to Easton's warranty department manager, Deanna Rinehart. She got back to me 45 minutes later:

"Hello Jonathan,
Don Cooper sent your message to me.

In review I see your Replacement order in our old system XXXXXXXXX, there was an edit made to the order by CSR Maria on 8/26 the same day our old system went down for the transition.
Your order will be shipping from our new DC location once we resume the shipping process for Warranty next week.
We apologize for the extreme delay in getting you a replacement for a claim you started in April.
This is the replacement bat that will be shipping to you: SP20FF240SL FIRE240 12 LOAD 27 USSSA
I will keep an eye out and let you know once shipped.

Again our apologizes for the delay and inconvenience.
Thank you for understanding,
Deanna"

Sounds like because my replacement order was edited on same the day of the system transition, it never got processed and didn't get transferred into their new system.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Apparently Don Cooper is the man to talk to. He replied to my email within an hour saying he passed my info on to Easton's warranty department manager, Deanna Rinehart. She got back to me 45 minutes later:

"Hello Jonathan,

In review I see your Replacement order in our old system XXXXXXXXX, there was an edit made to the order by CSR Maria on 8/26 the same day our old system went down for the transition.
Your order will be shipping from our new DC location once we resume the shipping process for Warranty next week.
We apologize for the extreme delay in getting you a replacement for a claim you started in April.
This is the replacement bat that will be shipping to you: SP20FF240SL FIRE240 12 LOAD 27 USSSA

Deanna"

Sounds like because my replacement order was edited on same the day of the system transition, it never got processed and didn't get transferred into their new system.
Nice

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans

"Hello Jonathan,

Deanna"

Have you heard anymore on this

Hiltz

Built for comfort
No updates yet. I'm assuming that setting up their new warranty shipping location didn't go as smoothly as planned seeing how nothing else with their recent merger/restructuring did. I'm gonna send a follow-up email this week, I'll post here when I hear something.