Durability of a CL22?

worthfan

P/T Playa - F/T Pimp
I've been thinking about picking up a 2013 black and green CL22 but was just curious as to what kind of durability these have? I've heard of guys breaking them in less than 50 swings and other going over 1000. What has your experience been? Anybody have one break on them?

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans
I have one that has over 1000 hits on it. It paint cracked around the 100-200 hit mark and this thing has been fire since. Won't break either I've swung it in the cold in Bp and anytime I play utrip or NSA. Sounds like a tennis racket it's nasty!

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
I would put my Black and Green at approx. 5-600 hits and if I cleaned it, it would still look new. I expect it to last well over 1000 hits.

YoungPittsburg

Star Player
Can you tell me what the "paint crack" is like? Haven't experienced it and I have a 2013 returnable that I was thinking of sending back for a new (which demarini said they can only replace with the pinky). Maybe a pic or two?
Thanks

TRaj2327

It will be like this and then slowly expand. Sometimes the paint "unravels" around the barrel. Some people who choose to hit hard balls with them or have no other choice have combatted this by putting a piece of packing tape over the crack.

Last edited:

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans
image_zpsa4493149.jpg

image_zps8ea25dca.jpg

The first is my CL22 and the second my AM both with over 1000 hits on em.

YoungPittsburg

Star Player
Does it rattle when hit in that spot? I think mine may have a crack in the bat and not a paint crack as it sounds horrible when hit in that spot. Thanks for the pics

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine has 3-400 on it and looks new and is a straight Roman candle.no paint cracks or anything, but it is gamer for me just because I don't know if it will ever get the crack and I don't really want it to. I can't imagine this bat getting any hotter anyways!

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans
Does it rattle when hit in that spot? I think mine may have a crack in the bat and not a paint crack as it sounds horrible when hit in that spot. Thanks for the pics

I swing them opposite sides of the cracks. The AM has a rattle to it now. Rotate and swing it.

T B

Here's mine at almost 1,000 swings. Crack started at 75 or so. Don't worry, just cosmetic. It's hot as dragon piss right now.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Got over 1k swings with mine. All types of balls. Finally broke and they sent me the pink one back.