Durability

belly43

Bored without softball
Does Easton have anything that lasts more than 80 swings before it won’t pass compression?

4xtra

Player/Coach
Yes....
but only the OLDER stuff....
TCT
IMX
and the well broken in OG CNT Composites
A well broken in 100H, SCN17BH, Salvo 100 and ST100 can hang with the newer stuff.

For ASA, I still swing the
L6 ASA,
B3 ASA
Ronin Dual action,
USL4 and a few others.....
The Ronin hits 52's very well and I use it for league provided 52's

ShortYellowBus

If you’re a hipster who buys $300 bats but has a swing like a child, I’m sure the bat will hold compression for at least 1k swings.

It’s all subjective. Results will vary.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Yes....
but only the OLDER stuff....
TCT
IMX
and the well broken in OG CNT Composites
A well broken in 100H, SCN17BH, Salvo 100 and ST100 can hang with the newer stuff.

For ASA, I still swing the
L6 ASA,
B3 ASA
Ronin Dual action,
USL4 and a few others.....
The Ronin hits 52's very well and I use it for league provided 52's

This is, word for word, what I would have said. Newer Eastons won't pass compression at all, and they aren't durable. All the older ones are though. Pretty much anything '16 and older will last years. Anything newer than that you'll be failing compression quickly.

THESHOE

Starting Player
St100/ST100h/SY100

Likely to lose the end cap before having durability issues.

Prob takes thousands of hits to fail if ever.

Also might take a thousand hits to wake up, but they do get VERY good with age and work.

Anything after that is more new gen bats. Even 16/17 Flex Helmers will fail albeit in more hits than 80.

The FF lines do fail quick.

Last edited:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does Easton have anything that lasts more than 80 swings before it won’t pass compression?
I have a 19 wegman for sale, but haven't seeing it to verify this with guy's claim. I keep thinking you play for belly's though, and now I'm thinking that I was wrong about that.

Rooster210

P-Pumpah #1
I got a B4 about a month ago, its got spirals and **** is nice! also just got a ST98 and that thing is gonna need a mass amount of hits to get going. can't wait - need to find a replacement for my beloved SCN9

D-ROCK13

I'm still loving the 17 avocado helmer flex, though I seriously doubt at 4k+ swings it'll pass compression

THESHOE

Starting Player
Nope. Unless you hit like a wuss, no chance.

My GF (albeit she hits pretty hard) - Hers fails and sits prob just over 1500 cuts in 2ish years. Not even her gamer bat.

The gamer is a black 16 Flex. Doesn't pass. She doesn't get her bats tested at any level she plays. Doesn't matter to her.

Certain events - I couldn't borrow any of her post 2016 Eastons (Black 16 Flex, Green 17 Flex, OG FF & Resmondo OG FF)

I have the same issue with my Demarini stash right now, crapshoot what would and wouldn't pass. Going to have to get a bat kept NIW soon just so it's ready in case.

I'm still loving the 17 avocado helmer flex, though I seriously doubt at 4k+ swings it'll pass compression

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Regardless of brand, you can't really BP any new bats at all. Whatever swings they have in them should be saved for games.

D-ROCK13

Nope. Unless you hit like a wuss, no chance.

My GF (albeit she hits pretty hard) - Hers fails and sits prob just over 1500 cuts in 2ish years. Not even her gamer bat.

The gamer is a black 16 Flex. Doesn't pass. She doesn't get her bats tested at any level she plays. Doesn't matter to her.

Certain events - I couldn't borrow any of her post 2016 Eastons (Black 16 Flex, Green 17 Flex, OG FF & Resmondo OG FF)

I have the same issue with my Demarini stash right now, crapshoot what would and wouldn't pass. Going to have to get a bat kept NIW soon just so it's ready in case.

I'm no homerun hero but hit the ball pretty hard, and I have 3 or 4 teammates who have been swinging mine as well. it's been a super nice bat considering it was a warranty for my combatant15 and has lasted over twice as long. Just broke down and ordered a 28oz Bubba Club, hopefully it will be half as good at least lol