E Worlds (Disney)

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans
Here is my major issue... Some/One of these guys have won a world prior to this and are still playing E... SMH

The team that got doubled dipped in E west from AZ has 3 guys on it that won C worlds... But they couldn't win E?

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
The team that got doubled dipped in E west from AZ has 3 guys on it that won C worlds... But they couldn't win E?

Which C worlds did they win?

Don't remember the exact year? Maybe 2009/2010... These ain't no scrubs now either... They won worlds with RMS trucking...

I think this makes my rating system make even more sense. These guys would not have been allowed to play E on any level which helps keep people in the higher divisions and help build those levels instead of having a 500 team E world tournament....which will come soon IMHO.

Next people will be flocking to the Restaurant and Church World Tournaments!

LitesOut21

Addicted to Softballfans
Yep... we played against ^^^.. Entertaining game... The damn umpire behind the plate tossed our CF for something very minor early in the game... There was an altercation earlier in that game that probably had a lot to do with him getting tossed..

As for the middle... Americom's pitcher got blown up pretty good (after windmill & pump faking)... but he took it all in stride "Hey, when I do that, that is what I expect"... Wish all pitchers had that same attitude.

The pitcher in that game is a director in PA for usssa also lol. He knows those damn books front to back. I hated to even be apart of the **** show that came up but its whatever. I was on third that game only guy in a white shirt for our team or I would have pitched and I have the same attitude as him as well about middle. It was a fun game for sure very close but someone had to win, tough that a guy got tossed tho. Maybe in D next year we will run into each other if you guys play up I know we are 100%

Jallennh

Very First Factory Hitter
you guys can debate this till your blue in the face, I did, every year I went, and now the Mixed divisions are tainted as well. Why? Starts at the top, see Don D. wants the teams, needs the teams, and needs to fill Disney rooms. He totally refuses to get into or let his divison vp's get into roster arguments. Bottom line, if state director says so, it's sealed in gold at that point. Starts at the top, but all liability falls on the State Directors.

synergy40

Addicted to Softballfans
I think this makes my rating system make even more sense. These guys would not have been allowed to play E on any level which helps keep people in the higher divisions and help build those levels instead of having a 500 team E world tournament....which will come soon IMHO.

Next people will be flocking to the Restaurant and Church World Tournaments!

We came in 5th in 2009 With 270 teams it has slowly decrease every year thereafter. Not sure about 500 teams, D and c teams have increased slightly as well

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
you guys can debate this till your blue in the face, I did, every year I went, and now the Mixed divisions are tainted as well. Why? Starts at the top, see Don D. wants the teams, needs the teams, and needs to fill Disney rooms. He totally refuses to get into or let his divison vp's get into roster arguments. Bottom line, if state director says so, it's sealed in gold at that point. Starts at the top, but all liability falls on the State Directors.

Totally agree....you and I have had this discussion in the past. Our coed team has been together for 5+ years....some couples and some life long friends. Guys play E some girls play D so we play D. I guarantee there will be a team in Mixed D this year where all the guys play C (and getting bumped to B) but will be allowed to play D even though rule is only 3 C players on a mixed D team because they are tight with State Director. All they want is your money.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
We came in 5th in 2009 With 270 teams it has slowly decrease every year thereafter. Not sure about 500 teams, D and c teams have increased slightly as well

Were there 2-3 World Tournaments back then like now? How many E teams are playing in a World tournament this year whether it be in Orlando, out west or up north?

synergy40

Addicted to Softballfans
Were there 2-3 World Tournaments back then like now? How many E teams are playing in a World tournament this year whether it be in Orlando, out west or up north?

Yes there were multiple worlds, not sure of the numbers now as I don't play e. Also I thought you were talking Disney only

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
The pitcher in that game is a director in PA for usssa also lol. He knows those damn books front to back. I hated to even be apart of the **** show that came up but its whatever. I was on third that game only guy in a white shirt for our team or I would have pitched and I have the same attitude as him as well about middle. It was a fun game for sure very close but someone had to win, tough that a guy got tossed tho. Maybe in D next year we will run into each other if you guys play up I know we are 100%

Im going to do my best to play down there next year. Yeah, we are making some changes for 2015, and we will probably be moving up to D.

Stretch19

Grow up
^^^^So you don't play an association all year but then are permitted to attend Worlds??? That's a big problem IMO. Part of playing any given association is "earning" your way to the World tourney AND giving directors the ability to see that you are classified properly.

Sucks for you guys that you got kicked out, but clearly you guys played at the wrong level all year......evidenced by not losing a single game at WSL AND USSSA Worlds.

Good luck as you move forward though and hopefully you guys actually play D (or higher) and don't do the usual take a year off or disband and play on 4 different E teams as their chips then reassemble in a year or 2 as E again.

pretty sure they lost at the USSSA worlds and came out of the losers bracket to win it...

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
pretty sure they lost at the USSSA worlds and came out of the losers bracket to win it...

My bad....then they double dipped the only team they lost to....22-1

Looks like my minor inaccuracy probably means they weren't sandbagging afterall :)

Stretch19

Grow up
but at the end of the day, they got beat. if you dont think the top 10-20 teams in every worlds, EVERY year arent sandbagging, you really need to get out more often.

like dakota deerwood said, they should have lost the game to High Maintenance as they were down big and HM stopped hitting

if you go and look at some of the other teams that finished high, they have guys who have played C/D within the last few years...Southland just happened to be the only team who was able to put it all together and win the tourney

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
but at the end of the day, they got beat. if you dont think the top 10-20 teams in every worlds, EVERY year arent sandbagging, you really need to get out more often.

like dakota deerwood said, they should have lost the game to High Maintenance as they were down big and HM stopped hitting

if you go and look at some of the other teams that finished high, they have guys who have played C/D within the last few years...Southland just happened to be the only team who was able to put it all together and win the tourney

I don't think anyone was saying they were the only team sandbagging.
It sounds like they were the most obvious.
It sounds like GA and IL are under the most scrutiny as States who are the worst offenders. (one could make an argumnent for AZ too)
Saying that the top 20 teams in every division are doing it shouldn't excuse it.

Stretch19

Grow up
its just the same tired ass argument that goes on after every big tourney...the team that won it was sandbagging, blah blah blah

no matter who it was, where they were from or anything along those lines, every time someone wins a world, there are going to be people crying about they should have been playing a different division

whogotz

dilligaf?
its just the same tired ass argument that goes on after every big tourney...the team that won it was sandbagging, blah blah blah

no matter who it was, where they were from or anything along those lines, every time someone wins a world, there are going to be people crying about they should have been playing a different division

this is true - however we should be able to get better scrutiny of rosters by the directors that are making good money each event - to ensure a closer to level playing field

some of the sandbagging has been off the charts blatant and too far - thats what bothers me.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
this is true - however we should be able to get better scrutiny of rosters by the directors that are making good money each event - to ensure a closer to level playing field

some of the sandbagging has been off the charts blatant and too far - thats what bothers me.

Agreed. IMO this wasn't your run of the mill sandbagging by the way it sounds.....it seems pretty egregious.

whogotz

dilligaf?
we all know the umbrella is getting shoved up our ass - is it too much to ask for it not to be opened too?

mrmurph01

Addicted to Softballfans
Being from Georgia, I agree it looks very bad. The new director wanted to see the state do well in worlds, which I can understand, but allowing teams to megabag is not the way to do it. Southland has won numerous world titles in E. One of the guys from the 2nd place team in D worlds was on two different B rosters this year. Surprise, surprise he got all tournament.

The director we had in place before the new director took over could care less how teams finished in worlds. He had his favorite teams and would let them do whatever they wanted. He is the reason our team doesn't play U-trip in GA anymore, but instead cross the river and play in SC.

The new director has already stated that the Eagle Paint team that finished 2nd in C world last year (and played minimal U-trip tourneys this year) is being allowed to drop back to C. How this works I don't know.

phxraida15

Addicted to Softballfans

I need a like button for this...

linsey15

Addicted to Softballfans
the championship game was 5-4 which we scored the last run in the bottom of the 7th....it was tied 4-4 going into 7th.

Munson
I can say that I personally witnessed the tourney director verbally assault the 40 and Over team about their roster when we played them and he came from the stadium to check their roster. He basically said in so many words that it is teams like this that have players from majors, A, B, C, and D on an E roster is killing the sport and if.....IF......he had the authority to do so he would kick them out because of it. But since the state director allowed them to come his hands were tied basically making them a legal illegal roster. Now I'm not a smart man but why does the national office not double check these things? Seriously they leave this decision up to the state director who probably has no clue who these guys are or what teams and at what level they played at previously. My team has been to 7 straight UTrip worlds as an E team and once as a D team after an autobump for finishing 7th in E's the year before, after what we learned about how the National office assumses no responsibility for roster approval I can honestly say I think this year was our last playing UTrip. Unfortunately I don't think any of the other associations are any better because it is all about making money.

rkjunior

Laser show, RELAX.
USSSA needs a national database and make everyone register with a valid SSN. If the PSP can do it with their national paintball series, USSSA can do it, which is much larger of an organization. It's not impossible. They're just as bad for enabling it. It would be very easy to institute an ID system.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah because the scores that are reported via the website are always right

If you have a more accurate reporting of the score, please share......so until someone refutes the accuracy of the site with the actual score, then that's what we have to go on.