Easton helmer green and orange

Z1k05

Star Player
Also everyone got afraid of the 28.5 oz weight, Bat doesn’t even feel close to that to me, feels like a 27oz supermax Miken

Z1k05

Star Player
None of the helmers from last year swung like they were advertised as weighted.....26.5 was very balanced, 27.5 had minimal endload and 28.5 swings like an old 27oz school short barrel easton should have

tonys1

None of the helmers from last year swung like they were advertised as weighted.....26.5 was very balanced, 27.5 had minimal endload and 28.5 swings like an old 27oz school short barrel easton should have

Ah - I haven't held it in my hands long enough to comment on the distribution of the weight, but the scale said it was pretty spot on weight-wise.

D-ROCK13

Around 300 hits on the helmer and it's the hottest Easton I've personally swung in the last 10 years. The sweet spot has opened nicely and given me a lot more room for error. Hit my first 300 ft + shot of the year with it last week, unfortunately it went just foul. Only complaint so far is I'm slowly starting to forget about my Combats LOL

kj13

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a 27.5 and feels like a 27 to me. I’ve had it for sale with minimal interest. This things are very very good bats but I’m more into the 13.5 barrel.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Around 300 hits on the helmer and it's the hottest Easton I've personally swung in the last 10 years. The sweet spot has opened nicely and given me a lot more room for error. Hit my first 300 ft + shot of the year with it last week, unfortunately it went just foul. Only complaint so far is I'm slowly starting to forget about my Combats LOL

Don’t say that around Normy...thats like cussing

D-ROCK13

Quick update on the helmer, around 600 hits and its just filthy. Hard to gauge the number of hits because 4 or 5 of my teammates have dropped their gamers to swing it. Fairly hard to miss the sweet spot at this point, though if you do, the ball still travels decently. Wish id have waited on a 28.5 because it does swing a tad light for me at 27.5

D-ROCK13

Closing in on 1k hits and still going strong with 0 signs of slowing down, webbed up nicely but no cracks or rattles. Absolutely murders the classic Ms.

Babynate

Coach
I love these bats too, but all mine broke at around 6 to 700 swings. Just got a 26.5 with 0 swings for 130 from a friend of mine. I still have to say my 100h is the best Easton I have had. Gaming a purple nurple 27 right now and it' gas.

Squatchzilla

Extra Hitter
Closing in on 1k hits and still going strong with 0 signs of slowing down, webbed up nicely but no cracks or rattles. Absolutely murders the classic Ms.
These do hit the harder balls really well... We're a Hot Dot league tho and I find they are still a fair bit behind the other brands. I gave up on my Helmer, but do have a Wegman and Baker with under 100 hits each on them still.

THESHOE

Starting Player
They murder Hot Dots if you like their weight and feel. So does Baker.

You just have to open them up a bit with 40/44's for a while in BP and then north of 500 cuts they start to smash Hot Dot 52s.

FireFlex have shown even better out of the gate with the 52s but fail comp test quick.

These do hit the harder balls really well... We're a Hot Dot league tho and I find they are still a fair bit behind the other brands. I gave up on my Helmer, but do have a Wegman and Baker with under 100 hits each on them still.

Squatchzilla

Extra Hitter
They murder Hot Dots if you like their weight and feel. So does Baker.

You just have to open them up a bit with 40/44's for a while in BP and then north of 500 cuts they start to smash Hot Dot 52s.

FireFlex have shown even better out of the gate with the 52s but fail comp test quick.

Well I did manage to hit one hot dot into the future with the Wegman so it does show promise. Im only bagging those two bats right now and am hitting them over lunch breaks with grey/gold dots and some rockets. We'll see where they end up. Im gonna actually take my time with these two and try to open them up.
That said, I do love the feel, sound, and weighting on the Wegman. Probably why Im gonna try to get it properly broken in.
The Baker on the other hand I had in a 26 and LOVED, this 28 feels really weird. Meaning not balanced and VERY middle heavy.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Purple Weggy took more work than the green Helmer IMO. But will get good in due time with work in it. You'll be rewarded with the green when you get to 500+ cuts for sure. Weggy prob more, like 750-1000+

But they last. And when sitting at pass line, will stay there a good while and last for you. (Unlike FireFlexes)

The Baker was just never right for me at all. I wanted to love that thing, but it never worked out for me. Did swing a wee bit midloaded and not true Bal like my Worth Dedonatis did.

Well I did manage to hit one hot dot into the future with the Wegman so it does show promise. Im only bagging those two bats right now and am hitting them over lunch breaks with grey/gold dots and some rockets. We'll see where they end up. Im gonna actually take my time with these two and try to open them up.
That said, I do love the feel, sound, and weighting on the Wegman. Probably why Im gonna try to get it properly broken in.
The Baker on the other hand I had in a 26 and LOVED, this 28 feels really weird. Meaning not balanced and VERY middle heavy.

D-ROCK13

My helmer is now easily passed the 1500 hit mark, probably closer to 2k. Still no defects or signs of slowing down, just webbing and minimal field/bag wear. The green paint has held up tremendously well. The exit speed and sound is unreal and for a short barrel Easton, the sweetspot is huge, very hard to miss. Wish I could find these for 50 bucks like the 2015 and 2016s lol

Party mafia

My helmer is now easily passed the 1500 hit mark, probably closer to 2k. Still no defects or signs of slowing down, just webbing and minimal field/bag wear. The green paint has held up tremendously well. The exit speed and sound is unreal and for a short barrel Easton, the sweetspot is huge, very hard to miss. Wish I could find these for 50 bucks like the 2015 and 2016s lol
I dont think we will finding $50 Easton bats starting 2017 and beyond.

DFL

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a 27.5 just a few hits on it I’m looking to trade for a miken or worth if anyone is interested ?