Easton Slowpitch Double Barrel Bats Review

UncleMosk

Not much love for this line of bats but one that I do love to swing.

The newer versions seem to have a little more pop than those from previous years. If you have the uncanny ability to square up a ball every time. Then I recommend giving these a chance. I've said it before on other posts that for a situation where you need that line drive put the Ghost in your hand. However, for distance others fair better. As for anyone playing clincher or indoor ball where the ball is MUSH these bats do perform quite well.

Anyways I've decided to do T Work with 4 of these bats.

2021 Salvo 27.5oz
2022 Hellcat 28oz
2022 Helmer Resmondo 30oz
2018 Helmer Blueline 28oz
20221001_100857.jpg

Point system with 3pts over fence, 2pts for gate crashers and 1pt for one hoppers to fence. 18 swings of each.

The Hellcat and Salvo were the only ones to place over. Did have a stiff wind in which was blowing to the right a bit. Either I just can't handle a 30oz bat anymore or was dipping more in which distance lacked but the Resmondo did not perform as well as the others. The Blueline was my indoor favorite lastyear. Plan to give it another go outdoors but also lacked with distance compared to the 2 newer versions (Hellcat/Salvo).

Hellcat 28oz - 15 pts over
Salvo 27.5oz - 13 pts 0ver
Hlmr BL 28oz - 9pts
HResm 30oz - 6pts

Will look to add in the Helmer BB which was on my gamers a few years back and the Obscura which has seen action this year.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221001-100849_Maps Ruler.jpg
    Screenshot_20221001-100849_Maps Ruler.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I have the '18 Helmer Border Battle ASA. Honestly, not a huge fan. The bat has a horrible feel and sound, and tends to hit a ton of knuckleballs. Decent pop, when you actually get spin on the ball. The bat literally sounds like it's shattering on every swing.

I got this bat for free. I would never buy it.

Every once in a while I'll hit an absolute bomb with it, but overall nothing about it impresses me.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I've swung the OG Ghost, and that thing sucked. It was like swinging a piece of PVC pipe at the ball. Horrible sound and no pop.

I hate to say it, but I think Easton struck out with their double barrel technology. Those aren't very good bats.

ShortYellowBus

Just my two cents.

Those bats have a passing compression psi of 750-850. It’s for baby swings.

You two monsters are just out of its range of usefulness. Just let someone else enjoy them.

blakcherry329

Blue-line is definitely GTG for Clinchers. Every team in NY has a Ghost, Blue-line, Autism, or Comic Easton.
I have a 26.5 that everyone uses.
I kinda like the sound. Kinda like the OG Z-1000 ASA.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
Not much love for this line of bats but one that I do love to swing.

The newer versions seem to have a little more pop than those from previous years. If you have the uncanny ability to square up a ball every time. Then I recommend giving these a chance. I've said it before on other posts that for a situation where you need that line drive put the Ghost in your hand. However, for distance others fair better. As for anyone playing clincher or indoor ball where the ball is MUSH these bats do perform quite well.

Anyways I've decided to do T Work with 4 of these bats.

2021 Salvo 27.5oz
2022 Hellcat 28oz
2022 Helmer Resmondo 30oz
2018 Helmer Blueline 28oz
View attachment 70723

Point system with 3pts over fence, 2pts for gate crashers and 1pt for one hoppers to fence. 18 swings of each.

The Hellcat and Salvo were the only ones to place over. Did have a stiff wind in which was blowing to the right a bit. Either I just can't handle a 30oz bat anymore or was dipping more in which distance lacked but the Resmondo did not perform as well as the others. The Blueline was my indoor favorite lastyear. Plan to give it another go outdoors but also lacked with distance compared to the 2 newer versions (Hellcat/Salvo).

Hellcat 28oz - 15 pts over
Salvo 27.5oz - 13 pts 0ver
Hlmr BL 28oz - 9pts
HResm 30oz - 6pts

Will look to add in the Helmer BB which was on my gamers a few years back and the Obscura which has seen action this year.
I know this was months ago do you remember if that hellcat felt heavier that the blueline . I was taking some dry hacks with a friends 27oz hellcat and it felt on the heavier side for a mid load. Compared to my 27.5 oz salvo

UncleMosk

Comparable. Blueline loaded model is 12" barrel where the Hellcat Midload model is 13". Honestly very little notice on both 28oz bats as to which one runs heavier on the end. But the Hellcat does feel more top heavy for a midload.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Quick observation.... as an umpire I see guys swing some of these Easton double barrel bats in leagues. Supposedly these bats are meant for lower bat speeds and weaker hitters. IDK. I just don't see any power there. None of these guys are hitting bombs, or even hitting the ball hard for that matter.

I can't figure out why anyone would want one of these bats over something like a Monsta, Demarini, or Anarchy. They sound bad, have a bad sweetspot, and no pop.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
Quick observation.... as an umpire I see guys swing some of these Easton double barrel bats in leagues. Supposedly these bats are meant for lower bat speeds and weaker hitters. IDK. I just don't see any power there. None of these guys are hitting bombs, or even hitting the ball hard for that matter.

I can't figure out why anyone would want one of these bats over something like a Monsta, Demarini, or Anarchy. They sound bad, have a bad sweetspot, and no pop.
I do question the distance from time to to with these Easton bats. If you are playing with a clincher softballs these bats preform amazingly the exit speeds are very impressive. The Easton double barrel tech is made for clincher softballs. My furthest shot was hit with a miken dc41. I must say the Easton double barrel tech is no slouch.

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
The Easton double-barrels are great for indoor batting cages, sounds like you murder every ball you hit.
Unfortunately at 51 years old knee replacement surgery in the few months and arthritis. I murder balls a hell of a lot less now. That includes batting practice.